• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Need a Pro

ZO6 Fan

Hey anybody know local guys her in S. Fla that would install rear ZO6 Widebody kit on my C6 Relatively inexpensive-say "flat rate" install price. I hear its not that hard but given my skill level:banghead:. If I do it -my corvette will look like a Pontiac Aztec when its finished!:eek:

Thanks Bros :thumbsup:

Good luck finding someone bro:thumbsup:

Unless someone has a close friend or relative in the business, it's hard to find a quality bodyman thats also inexpensive. The terms are usually mutually exclusive.

We have a guy that we use up here for a lot of things. Has a small shop, nothing much to look at, but does great work! He does it pretty "reasonably" for a few of us. Then again, we're part of the defense team when he and his staff when they run afoul of the law (usually nothing big) on occasion...:lmao::lmao:

Thanks -But I think I'll look for someone a little more "Reliable" :toetap05: & pay the extra $ . I don't think I want my car in the shop when SWAT does a raid w/ the ATF, FBI, DEA or any other alphabet gov't jackbooted thugs kick in his door.

Thanks -But I think I'll look for someone a little more "Reliable" :toetap05: & pay the extra $ . I don't think I want my car in the shop when SWAT does a raid w/ the ATF, FBI, DEA or any other alphabet gov't jackbooted thugs kick in his door.
Good Luck!! Most anybody that is any good at this kind of work is either,a recovering Alcoholic,recovering Drug Addict, has 3 X Wifes has left them because they like rubbing on cars more than a Nagging women and are hassled constantly by Lawyers, or Backed up for months and are Expensive as Hell!!:rofl1::thumbsup: Don't ask me how I know!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I'm sure you will find this will be quite expensive to do. I see in your profile you have Velocity Yellow which I believe is a pearl color (or it uses Liquid Crystals) which just for the materials will be quite expensive. Also, since this is a tri-stage paint, you'll need to blend the adjacent panels which means if you do the complete kit, you'll pretty much be redoing the complete car.
This is assuming the VY is in fact a pearl paint or utilizes the Liquid Crystals.
I just did some paintwork using the Jetsteam Blue and just two pints of paint ran about $300 (that was without any reducers or clears or hardeners). So expect about $400-$700 just for materials if you are doing the fenders and 1/4s
If you had a solid color, you could paint the panels off the car, and then just bolt them on! Piece of cake!

Good Luck!! Most anybody that is any good at this kind of work is either,a recovering Alcoholic,recovering Drug Addict, has 3 X Wifes has left them because they like rubbing on cars more than a Nagging women and are hassled constantly by Lawyers, or Backed up for months and are Expensive as Hell!!:rofl1::thumbsup: Don't ask me how I know!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

...and I'm even none of the above :D

Scott...Attitude Custom Paint

I'm sure you will find this will be quite expensive to do. I see in your profile you have Velocity Yellow which I believe is a pearl color (or it uses Liquid Crystals) which just for the materials will be quite expensive. Also, since this is a tri-stage paint, you'll need to blend the adjacent panels which means if you do the complete kit, you'll pretty much be redoing the complete car.
This is assuming the VY is in fact a pearl paint or utilizes the Liquid Crystals.
I just did some paintwork using the Jetsteam Blue and just two pints of paint ran about $300 (that was without any reducers or clears or hardeners). So expect about $400-$700 just for materials if you are doing the fenders and 1/4s
Yeah,when I started in this business you could Paint the whole car and fix some body damage for less than $100 in Paint and Material!!I bought some Red Base Coat while back that was $296.00 a Qt and it was a Solid Color!!:banghead::banghead:

...and I'm even none of the above :D

Scott...Attitude Custom Paint
You've just not had enough Paint Fumes yet!!!:lmao::D:D:D
And I did say Most, not All!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Actually the "Rear" wide body kit is inexpensive CFL Motorsports of Orlando will sell u painted kits for $1,695 + $300.00 for shipping. U just send them your gas door to paint match. VY I believe is a two stage process-Tintcoat-clearcoat w/ VY Mixed in the clear to bring out the yellow.

www.cflmotorsports.com:thumbsup:

F*ck It! I'll do it myself -all it is removing body panels & swapping them out.

Give Auto XTC a call at 727-573-1292 located in Pinellas Park near Clearwater. Larry is the owner. John is the only technician. I've seen several of his wide body conversions and they are awesome. Tell em Thor referred you. Also check out their web site www.AutoXTC.com and see for yourself. Good luck. Mark :thumbsup:

Back