• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Long tube headers question?????

THOR

I was thinking of putiing on some Melrose headers soon. They are jet coated and have a lifetime warranty as long as you own the car. Does anyone have any experience with these headers? Many thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

John at AutoXTC is doing the install and has extensive experience in this area. I can't wait to see and hear them. Also placing a insulated Elite Engineering tunnel plate to decrease the console heat and body flex.

Hey Mark,

I installed Melrose LT on mine (your sister car) several mos ago. I have been very satisfied w/ the fit & finish as well as the pleasant growl during acceleration.

I noticed only a slight improvement in performance which might be because I did not do it in conjunction w/ a CAI. Overall, my #'s are a disappointment according to Revxtreme's dyno: 342hp/340rwtq. I gained 16 hp from the dyno tune which means my hp (with the headers already added) was at 326...pretty anemic I'd say. My mistake was not doing a baseline before adding the headers, but according to what I read, the headers alone should add about 15 hp. That would make my bone stock hp # in the low 300's (uncommonly low).

This, coupled w/ 4 electronic failures in 8000 mi, have contributed to making my '07 a HUGE disappointment. In short, the headers are great but the car sucks.:nonod:

Beep

Hey Mark,

I installed Melrose LT on mine (your sister car) several mos ago. I have been very satisfied w/ the fit & finish as well as the pleasant growl during acceleration.

I noticed only a slight improvement in performance which might be because I did not do it in conjunction w/ a CAI. Overall, my #'s are a disappointment according to Revxtreme's dyno: 342hp/340rwtq. I gained 16 hp from the dyno tune which means my hp (with the headers already added) was at 326...pretty anemic I'd say. My mistake was not doing a baseline before adding the headers, but according to what I read, the headers alone should add about 15 hp. That would make my bone stock hp # in the low 300's (uncommonly low).

This, coupled w/ 4 electronic failures in 8000 mi, have contributed to making my '07 a HUGE disappointment. In short, the headers are great but the car sucks.:nonod:

I am not selling services...but take your Vette over to Greg and have him Dyno it.....Tune it....and Redyno it. He took my Zee at the Corvette Show in Tampa and Computer Tuned it...Its like Night and Day!!!!!...Thats even before we are going to put the Headers on next month.

http://www.antivenomefi.com/

:D Jim :D

Hey Beepster,
I know you not happy with your performance. Who did the original tune? Maybe it needs to be retuned. Also CAI would help move more air and give you some boost there. Just my .02 worth.What electrical failures are you having with your vette? Bummer.

Hey Beepster,
I know you not happy with your performance. Who did the original tune? Maybe it needs to be retuned. Also CAI would help move more air and give you some boost there. Just my .02 worth.What electrical failures are you having with your vette? Bummer.

Orig. tune by Revxtreme...gained 16 Hp which is pretty good gain, I think. I've got 25+ missing HP somewhere in this car.??? Electronic failures:

1. Power conv. top (had to manually raise, dealer had to reprogram)
2. Passenger air bag (dealer replaced control module & air bag)
3. Lost all dash electronics, NAV, radio, etc. (happened 4 times during extended cruise, then self corrected...dealer could not fix or explain)
4. Total shutdown, NO Fob recognition, (could not enter or start car); car towed, $75 cab ride, happened during Vette cruise. Dealer replaced Fob receiver module.

I have had 3 conversations w/ the factory and have agreed to return the car to BG for a tranfusion/heart transplant, or whatever per GM suggestion. Stay tuned......

Orig. tune by Revxtreme...gained 16 Hp which is pretty good gain, I think. I've got 25+ missing HP somewhere in this car.??? Electronic failures:

1. Power conv. top (had to manually raise, dealer had to reprogram)
2. Passenger air bag (dealer replaced control module & air bag)
3. Lost all dash electronics, NAV, radio, etc. (happened 4 times during extended cruise, then self corrected...dealer could not fix or explain)
4. Total shutdown, NO Fob recognition, (could not enter or start car); car towed, $75 cab ride, happened during Vette cruise. Dealer replaced Fob receiver module.

I have had 3 conversations w/ the factory and have agreed to return the car to BG for a tranfusion/heart transplant, or whatever per GM suggestion. Stay tuned......

Hope you get the car back 100%. So far had my 06 a6 for 11 months without one problem so far. bought it used with 4500mile in Jan of this year.

Only problem i have after Greg got done doing the headers and tune, i can't keep it on the road! Think i am going with non runflats. Doing a slow roll if i nail my car it will skate all over the place, the car is just plain insane compared to being stock.

Hey Mark,

I know this post is a little old BUT I have to put my :twocents: in:

There is definitley something missing somewhere!!! I am not saying it is in the tune however a lot of bolt on mods that people see ---that say it gains X amount, is kinda deceiving because a lot of times when they're tested they're tested with other power adders such as CAI, CAT BACKS ECTECT---

you should never expect to see big power gains in ANY modification without proper tuning, but having completed a recent magazine article on the Melrose headers, hi flo cats, and x pipe with tuning we gained 30 rwhp.

I hope it all got worked out for you

Back