• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Got any ideas?

Coastal

I’m making the move to being a full time Florida resident. I’ll be here as soon as I can get our house on the market sometime in April.

My dilemma is my four post lift. I’m not moving my northern stuff down as most of it is going to Pennsylvania to a house we will be buying there (long story). Anyway the PA move is through a relo company and they will not move my lift. Besides, I don’t need or want it there anyway. I want it in FL.

I really don’t want to rent a truck to move it down, especially the size that would be necessary, (I’m getting too old for this heavy stuff) and I’m afraid it would cost me a fortune to have it moved.

Sadly, I’ve started to advertise it for sale but thought I would ask to see if someone had a brilliant idea of how I could get my lift down to FL.

It may just be less expensive and a LOT less headache to sell that one and buy new down here. How much of a price do you put on a headache avoidance? :D

I don't know how easy they are to take apart and ship in pieces. I think if they come apart easy then a Penske or Uhaul truck could do the trick. Borrow a engine hoist to help with the heavy lifting.

I would be interested in buying it but I would have a problem with the transportatio9n aspect as well I guess.

Well the problem has been solved, I put an ad on craigs list today and it sold immediately!
I thought I was going to have a problem selling it but I guess not.

Now I can plan to spend the money :dancer01:

Good deal.Just thought it might be on my travel route.BUT ,we weren't even close.

Naples is a great place almost bought a condo ten years ago.I thought $60,000 was a little stiff.(add that to the list)

Congrats Coastal! I took the plunge to full time last year and have not regretted it so far. I hope your transition goes well.

Rich

Florida

I made the move In 93 and don't regret it just packed up & moved alot of vettes here & good people except during season a lot people running around

Yep welcome to the Sunshine state!!
I was born in Tenn. but I have been in Florida basically all my life.
I have lived in all corners of Florida but Tallahassee is my home. I would love to move more down south but just cant get the nerve up to do it yet!!:crazy03:

Back