• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Why would you do this to your car??

Uncle Pat

Has God's Motor
I have owned my vette for about 2 weeks. The original owner kept very nice care of it with the exception of a couple of bonehead things. He painted the words corvette on the air bag (red), the front and rear bumber(black). You could see brush marks and it really looked crappy. I spent about 60 bucks and put in the raised letters to cover up the hack job. I don't understand why people would do stupid shit like this to a car. Thank God for inserts.:thumbsup:

Well...

Some people just don't know any better:nonod: !

To me, it falls into the same category as putting multiple Stickers all over your Vette!:lmao:

if it was taped off and done proffessionally.....then it would be ok. But this was just a plain ole' hack job. Brush marks!!! FTL!! WTF!!!

The inserts look much better now and my SOCD (silly obsesive compulsive disorder) has it's fix for the day.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Now you can take it in down the road and get the bumpers re done!:thumbsup:

ynkedad said:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Now you can take it in down the road and get the bumpers re done!:thumbsup:
no paint work needed. The front and rear bumpers now have the raised insert letters. The air bag had to be scraped. It took a while. I finished it up with raised letters as well to cover the hack job. All is well.:rofl1:

I misread your post.

Uncle Pat said:
no paint work needed. The front and rear bumpers now have the raised insert letters. The air bag had to be scraped. It took a while. I finished it up with raised letters as well to cover the hack job. All is well.:rofl1:
My Bad!:thumbsup: I thought he painted the entire bumper :eek: (front/back):bigear:

Glad to hear it was a relatively easy fix!:dancer01:

I was wondering if any of you actually knew the previous owner. His name is Stanley. He lives in Spring Hill. He is 76 yrs old.

ynkedad said:
Some people just don't know any better:nonod: !

To me, it falls into the same category as putting multiple Stickers all over your Vette!:lmao:
Speaking of STICKers, who drives the stick shifter around here?

:dancer01:

Hey!! Mine has stickers!

1 AntiVenom either side of the rear hatch glass
1 CorvetteFlorida.com (www.corvetteflorida.com) on either side next to that
1 (Clingy-easily removed) Corvette Anonymous each side
1 (just 1-clingy also) www.Corvette-Guru.com.

All are on the rear hatch glass next to the HALO, not plastered all over the car.

I don't mind bumpin up my friends:thumbsup:

stickers.... one CorvetteFlorida.com lower center of rear window and one Corvettes Anonymous corner of rear window and thats all folks:thumbsup:

Oh ya she is a four speed stick too

Last edited:
A few on mine,Army,Corvette Anonymous,and all on the windows,and one on the back window,I think they make her go faster:lmao::lmao:Or maybe it's all the wax:rolleyes:
Picture041.jpg

Back