• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

What NOT to do when you borrow dad's car....

Rich Z

Internet Sanitation Engineer
Staff member
Hey dad! Can I have the keys to the Ferrari?

ferrari01.jpg

ferrari02.jpg

ferrari03.jpg

ferrari04.jpg

ferrari05.jpg

ferrari06.jpg

ferrari07.jpg

ferrari08.jpg

ferrari09.jpg

ferrari10.jpg

ferrari11.jpg

ferrari12.jpg

200+ mph

The young man only had some bruising ( seat belt ) and 2 small cuts.

-car loss . . $3 million

-waiting list for a new one ? . . 2 years

-when can I drive Dad's car again ? . . Not less than a nuclear 1/2 life

-when will I not be grounded & see the light of day< /FONT> ? . Same day the polar ice caps melt

-still alive....Priceless

Only in California,

What happens to a Ferrari after hitting a pole at 200+ mph...!!!

** This was emailed to me today.......

Latest info......

Summary::
A 2003 Ferrari Enzo crashed at 6:08 AM on February 21, 2006 in Malibu, California on the Pacific Coast Highway near Decker Canyon . In the first few hours after the crash, there was a lot of confusion as to who the driver was. Here are the facts so far - we will continue to update you on this story as it unfolds:

FACTS:

• The owner of the car is Stefan Erikssen, a 44 year old former executive of Gizmondo.
  • He left Gizmondo after allegedly being involved in a Swedish Mafia crime ring.
  • He only suffered a bloody lip in the accident
  • He claimed that he was a passenger in the Enzo and that the person driving was a German guy named "Dietrich".
  • He claimed that they were racing a Mercedes SLR
  • Police estimate that he was travelling a minimum of 100 MPH and up to 200 MPH when the crash occurred.
  • Stefan Erikssen was intoxicated at the time of the accident

OTHER INFO:
  • A witness claimed that he saw the car go airborn due to excessive speed which is why the crash occurred in the first place.
  • Police could not find the "driver", but they did find blood on the drivers side airbag. Police claim that only the driver side airbag deployed, however this photo seems to show that both airbags deployed.
  • Police find the owner's story sketchy

man if that was my dads and i did that i would hav wished for the crash to kill me so he wouldnt.. lol

jonnyboy said:
man if that was my dads and i did that i would hav wished for the crash to kill me so he wouldnt.. lol

Nah, they got so much money they piss that much away on a friggin party I'm sure. The only bad thing for them is that they might have to wait for another one. You don't exactly pinch pennies to buy an Enzo, when a full brake job costs more than a used Vette.:ack2:

Rich Z said:
Summary::
A 2003 Ferrari Enzo crashed at 6:08 AM on February 21, 2006 in Malibu, California on the Pacific Coast Highway near Decker Canyon . In the first few hours after the crash, there was a lot of confusion as to who the driver was. Here are the facts so far - we will continue to update you on this story as it unfolds:

FACTS:

• The owner of the car is Stefan Erikssen, a 44 year old former executive of Gizmondo.
  • He left Gizmondo after allegedly being involved in a Swedish Mafia crime ring.
  • He only suffered a bloody lip in the accident
  • He claimed that he was a passenger in the Enzo and that the person driving was a German guy named "Dietrich".
  • He claimed that they were racing a Mercedes SLR
  • Police estimate that he was travelling a minimum of 100 MPH and up to 200 MPH when the crash occurred.
  • Stefan Erikssen was intoxicated at the time of the accident

OTHER INFO:
  • A witness claimed that he saw the car go airborn due to excessive speed which is why the crash occurred in the first place.
  • Police could not find the "driver", but they did find blood on the drivers side airbag. Police claim that only the driver side airbag deployed, however this photo seems to show that both airbags deployed.
  • Police find the owner's story sketchy

There were only 399 of these made. No more. That's it.

Right after the accident, there was a guy selling a hose on ebay which he claimed to be part of the Enzo. He took pictures of the accident scene. It was pulled shortly after the auction started.

These rich guys and movie stars are so friggin stupid sometimes. Obviously brains and money do not have to be owned by the same person. Drinking (legally drunk .09 when the limit's .08) and going 162 mph. :banghead:

I know he won't even feel the cost of defending the charges, I just hope he gets the 6 months jail time per conviction for the misdemeanor charges of DUI and lying to the Police.:thumbsup: That would make it worth it. Mr moneybags getting to cool his heels in jail for a year.:yesnod:

Wired Magazine has an article out this month on this crash. The article will be available electronically on 10/04. Interesting......

Wired Mag

Back