• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

2006 Gear Speeds

Lou G

I would like to know the top speed for each of the six gears in my 2006.
Anyone knows or where I can go look? :shrug01:
I did a few google searches but have not come up with what I am looking for.
Thanks,
Lou

I hope it is cuz, I spent like an hour searching for an answer to Lou's question and came up with NOTHING:nonod:.

Ray, I googled

corvette +"speed in each gear"

and clicked on the first hit. (corvette z06 top speed refine:each gear - ForumDig)
When that page came up, I clicked on the first hit. (Top speed in each gear)
When that page comes up, it's the second post down.
Andy :wavey:
P.S. Put that whole line (corvette +"speed in each gear") with the quotes and plus sign, into the google search box.

Ray, I googled

corvette +"speed in each gear"

and clicked on the first hit. (corvette z06 top speed refine:each gear - ForumDig)
When that page came up, I clicked on the first hit. (Top speed in each gear)
When that page comes up, it's the second post down.
P.S. Put that whole line (corvette +"speed in each gear") with the quotes and plus sign, into the google search box.

Thanks Andy.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Andy, Ray - Thanks for the time you have spent trying to help with my question. :yesnod:
Andy, I am sorry but that is not what I was looking for. Sometime ago I saw in a website or read in a magazine the speeds per gear of the 2006. Unfortunately I don't remember where.

It was listed something like this:
First Gear = 40mph
Second Gear = 60mph
And so on.

The reason I am looking for this is that a buddy of mine has a 2006 Z51 and wants to know how well he should be doing at the track. We have been there three times and his best ET is 13.778 @ 105 mph. We have been told that the ET should be around 12.5 to 12.8.
He has an automatic and says that the car shifts into fifth gear towards the end of the 1/4 mile.
He is now getting used to the paddle shifts and wants to try it out next time we go to the track and see if he can improve on his time. He wants to know the speed he will reach at the top end of the fourth gear.
Again, thanks for your time with this. I'll keep searching.
Lou

I found this in the Corvette Forum. :dancer01:
Compared the numbers to at least three different postings on similar subjects. Thought you would like to know.

C6 Z51 6500 RPM

1st = 50 MPH
2nd = 73 MPH
3rd = 105 MPH
4th = 151 MPH
5th = 213 MPH
6th = 265 MPH

It was also mentioned that the LS2 cam stops making power at around 5600 RPMs. :shrug01:

Back