• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Im In a bind and need help.

03blackZ06

I bought a fast intake mani and an ls2 90mm throttoe body and i brought ny stuff to the tuner today and we noticed a hold (drilled about 1/8 inch) into the throttle body plate (flap). I was wondering can We use this or do i need to find a new plate or throttle body some how?
Its for my procharged and cammed 03 z06
Thanks mike

I bought a fast intake mani and an ls2 90mm throttoe body and i brought ny stuff to the tuner today and we noticed a hold (drilled about 1/8 inch) into the throttle body plate (flap). I was wondering can We use this or do i need to find a new plate or throttle body some how?
Its for my procharged and cammed 03 z06
Thanks mike

No you do not need a new one, it will be fine , if they sold it to you as "new" though then they mis-led you, they do not come this way.
That is a trick (the drilling of the holes) that people use when they do not know much about tuning to get the car to start and idle correctly its a way of allowing more air into the engine.
But hey ask around Im just a "girl" most guys dont take what I say seriously.

Last edited:
Did they sell it to you as a new part?

You can try it, if it idles too high you may have to find a plate without a hole in it.

you can always tig weld the hole shut and grind it smooth "good as new"

if you have a problem, see I keep telling you guys/gals having a couple decent welders comes in handy:thumbsup:

No you do not need a new one, it will be fine , if they sold it to you as "new" though then they mis-led you, they do not come this way.
That is a trick (the drilling of the holes) that people use when they do not know much about tuning to get the car to start and idle correctly its a way of allowing more air into the engine.
But hey ask around Im just a "girl" most guys dont take what I say seriously.

We do take some girls a little more serious than others, but you're right on!!
the startup airflow and airflow min tables have to be changed a lot when a cam is installed, or Int/Exh headers/CAI.
The hole should be pluged, or if you can get a refund, do it.
The tuner can get around the hole.:yesnod:

Back