• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Who's Hoarding All The Runflats??

als2052

Road Trip!
Was getting the car ready for Roger's Cruzin next weekend and when I checked the tires, the cord was exposed on the inside tread on LF. We are now grounded. :ack2:

Called Firestone, Goodyear, Rick Johnson and could not get a full set of RFs because they are all on back order. And of course the ones that were available were over $400 a piece :eek:. Michelins are also on backorder. What is a brother to do.:shrug01:

I am dreading the thought but non runflats may be my only choice unless I want to store the vette until the RFs are back and no one knows when that will do.:toetap05:

Any suggestions, advice, recommendations will be appreciated...:confused:

Armando

Heh the first thing i did upon buying my car was ditching the run flats. Imo runflats are only good on a womans car. mainly if she breaks down she can still go an not worry about someone overpowering them.

Now non runflats, im using bfg kdw2s, and im in love. superior traction, quiet ride..theyve got 10k+ miles on them, have seen 2 track burnouts, and one powerslide and they still look brand new. hell all the nipples or w/e theyre called on the sidewall are still there.

If your dead set on wanting another set of runflats, watch corvette forums for sale section. every other day theres a full or half set being sold. from just taken off to barely used.

Ordered the Kumhos Ecsta Spt last night from Tire Rack. Seem to rate better than the GYs and cheaper too...

tires

Just put 4 on mine, just under 1K not enough, left to buy a 6 pk. put 4 on the p/u 10 ply, for 600.00 they see vette & $$$$$$ signs, ya don't have a chance !!!!

Back