• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

CorvetteFlorida windshield decal

CREWZIN said:
Sure is BIG :eek:

Yeah, no doubt about that.

But the goal is to catch people's eye "on the fly", which means oncoming traffic, in many cases. As I have been driving around, on occasion I would see other vehicles with similar windshield decals and I made note of which ones I could read and WHY. Type of font was important as well as SIZE.

So you can see why I was reluctant to do this. If I was going to do it, I had to do it RIGHT.

But in any event, I don't think the lettering will come off with too much trouble if it wears on my nerves. Right now it's a toss up as to whether I like the look or not. Well "like" may be kind of strong. More like "what I am willing to tolerate" in order to help to promote this site...... :rolleyes:

Well, I'm not sure how permanent the install is going to be. Bonehead (me?) misread the directions..... :rolleyes: I was supposed to soak the decal in water before applying it. Seemed to stick just fine the way I did it, though. Luckily I bought two sets, so if this one blows off, I can do the install the *correct* way... :banghead:

The decal on the front is 4 feet wide, and the one on the front is 3 feet wide. The front one is also curved substantially, to accommodate the 4 inch bow the roof line makes into the windshield, however looking at it from the front makes it look like it is perfectly straight.

The small ones I am giving away upon request are only 8 inches long.

Anyway, I think it is growing on me. My wife came home from work and I cringed thinking what she was going to say about my latest "mod" to the vette. Surprisingly enough she said she LIKED it! That certainly surprised me enormously. She fought me tooth and nail over the rear bumper lettering, but after she saw it, she finally grudgingly admitted it looked GOOD. I thought NO WAY she is going to like those window decals....

Oh well. Hopefully they will stay on the way I did the install. If not, it really wasn't tough at all to do.

BTW, the place that did the decals for me is http://www.wildergfx.com. The guy seemed REAL easy to work with.

Well, I took the CorvetteFlorida mobile billboard out for a ride today through Tallahassee. Saw 4 vettes along the way, so maybe they took note of the lettering on the windows. I should would be curious to see how many (if any) members I might attract to the site in this manner.

I have to admit that I felt a little self conscious about the decals at first, but after a short period that wore off and I just sort of felt, well, what the heck. I may have done dumber things in the past. At least I think so.

Matter of fact, I'm actually beginning to like it. And just maybe someone who never would have heard about this site except for seeing the decals will wind up joining us here. You never know. Stranger things have happened, I guess. :shrug01:

And look at it this way.... now when I want to take a drive, I can just say I am going to go out and do some "advertising for the site". Makes it sound much more necessary to do, now doesn't it? :)

I am sure you will get some hits from your decals. I have written down and went to a lot of sites I have seen while in traffic. With the turbos it is better that it is in bigger letters. You will not be in sight long.

Rich,

Received the small decal yesterday in the mail. At first when I opened the letter all I took out was a blank piece of paper :confused: Then I looked harder and saw the decal. Haven't had a chance to make up my mind as to which glass to put it on (front/back) as I just had surgery Friday and can't get around too well right now.

Thanks for the decal.

Sorry to hear about your surgery. Hope you will heal up quickly. The decal should have VERY low priority on your list! Don't worry about it till you are able. We'll be here for a while........

Thanks.

Thanks RichZ,recieved the decal on saturday but happen put it on the caar yet .Thinkin the rear of the car since most folks only see that part .Thanks again and will post pics as soon as the decal is install:thumbsup: :wavey:

OK, feeling a bit better. It'll be a month before I found out if the radiation worked (Prostrate Cancer). I put the sticker on the back glass. Thought it would be a bit small on the front. Shows up pretty good on the dark tint.

DSCF0001.jpg

CREWZIN said:
OK, feeling a bit better. It'll be a month before I found out if the radiation worked (Prostrate Cancer). I put the sticker on the back glass. Thought it would be a bit small on the front. Shows up pretty good on the dark tint.

:thumbsup: Thanks! Now you have to drive slow enough for people to catch up to you to be able to read it!

That's why I put that BIG lettering on mine.... So I can drive faster and still have it readable. Of course, when I told the wife this theory, she looked at it and said "You didn't get them BIG ENOUGH....." :lmao:

ULTIMATE CORVETTE SHOW

:dancer01: IDEA!!!!:dancer01:

IF YOU WANT TO GET FLIERS OUT TO CORVETTE CLUBS AND OWNERS TO JOIN "CORVETTE FLORIDA"...WE COULD INSERT THEM INTO OUR GOODIE BAGS AT THE ULTIMATE CORVETTE SHOW. MAKE UP 250 FLIERS AND GET THEM TO US BEFORE THE SHOW. WE WILL HAVE 400 CORVETTES AND YOU COULD DO THEM AS HAND OUTS ALSO. SOME OF THE VENDORS MAY WANT TO ADVERTISE AND THE SHOW IS THE TIME TO TALK TO THEM.

HAVE INFORMATION LIKE WHY JOIN, SHARE INFORMATION ETC. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THIS SITE GET UP TO 1000 MEMBERS SOON.

:yesnod: ONLY AN IDEA FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION.:yesnod:

Last edited:
Well the idea is great, however I just can't seem to find a designer who can make up a decent flyer (nor business card, for that matter) for me. I am coming out of my busy season, but not quite yet to the point where I have a lot of free time to try to design something myself....... :shrug01:

Damn! Not bad at all!

But I think the Just For Laughs and Staging Area would have to be relocated up into the Lobby section.

Wonder how my color cartridges are holding up on my color printer?

Thanks for just pitching in and helping out!

Not to hijack the thread, best of luck CREWZIN with your medical problem, best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.

Jeff

Got the decal this weekend and will be putting it on the back window, also. Crewzin...it looks good where you've got it. Hope you continue to feel better and the radiation does it job.
Rich, I think the flyer is a great idea and if it can be distributed at the ultimate corvette show in November that would be even better! Lot's of vette owners will be there. I know I"ll be there! :thumbsup:

Revised Flyer!!!

TRY THIS REVISED FLYER.......
IF YOU LIKE THIS SEND ME AN EMAIL DIRECT AND I WILL SEND TO YOU IN "MSWORD" AND "GIF" FORMATS.

Last edited:
Back