• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Crapy Painter named JR of Venice

9T8Vette

Been around for awhile
I have a friend that works a Finish Master AutoPaint n Venice.My buddy recommended this painter named JR that lives in Venice,Fl.Well long story short i explain what i want done he says he do that with the colors i wanted ,so i decided to paint them the way i did with before.Well this is what i ended up with. Overspray,dust in the paint as well as the clearcoat,scratches in the paint and runs in the paint .JR says he will not refund my money or paint them way i wanted for the price he quoted.This Guy is a Rip Off and and real Sh!tty painter:ack2::thumbsdown:.Please avoid ever using this guy for any painting:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Attachments

• Screw up fuel rail bye JR of Venice 008.jpg
    Screw up fuel rail bye JR of Venice 008.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 295
  • Screw up fuel rail bye JR of Venice 005.jpg
    Screw up fuel rail bye JR of Venice 005.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 276
Here's a few pics of what i painted before JR got his hands on them.The chrome paint i had use started bistering,because the paint was not heat resistance.:eek:

Attachments

• Picture 020.jpg
    Picture 020.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 281
  • Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 282
That really sucks when you relieze on someone else's reference,:NoNo:sounds like he got in a hurry with the drying process and never did any prep work,as we all know 80% of great paint is the prep work.

Are you going to get fuzzy dice painted on it now that you have Real fuzz on them anyways.:shrug01::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

12 pack of beer, some advanced auto paint and i could do better.

I had Tracys painter paint my FRC's to match the car and they came out perfect. Same guy who did the ghost flame job on the Z they had up there. So im sure design problem wont be an issue.

I paint in a Barn,and get allot better results than that!!:rofl1::rofl1::rofl1:

You Have a Problem!!:thumbsup::rofl1::D

Attachments

• IMG_0142 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0142 (Small).JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_0127 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0127 (Small).JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_0121 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0121 (Small).JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 229
I know.i need to get in touch with your painter . He know's his sh!t is perfect, from what i have seen of C5Rick's work:thumbsup:

I believe Ken (72 Ragtop) got his C3 back from the paint shop. I'll let him do the talking about the job though.

Got the car back today. All i can say is WOW. Most know it took me 3 yrs talking to painters about the scratches in the nose area between the headlight and hood. Thanks to Rick i found a guy whom spent hours talking to me about what i wanted. Not what he wanted to do. I didnt have to get nose done as most wanted to do. He and the paint mixer spent hours matching the 20 yr old paint on my car. they added a drop at a time of metallic/iridescent content? whatever that means and finally hit it on the head. Did anyone realize how many types of metallic shapes and sizes are available. Hell, i didnt. Well, guess i owe Rick a dinner for reference. If i can get everything put back together will be out sat. am show. Or will drive by as its up the road.
PS for those whome pm'd me asking what they used its Dupont ChromaPremier base color, didnt ask about the clear coat.

Got the car back today. All i can say is WOW. Most know it took me 3 yrs talking to painters about the scratches in the nose area between the headlight and hood. Thanks to Rick i found a guy whom spent hours talking to me about what i wanted. Not what he wanted to do. I didnt have to get nose done as most wanted to do. He and the paint mixer spent hours matching the 20 yr old paint on my car. they added a drop at a time of metallic/iridescent content? whatever that means and finally hit it on the head. Did anyone realize how many types of metallic shapes and sizes are available. Hell, i didnt. Well, guess i owe Rick a dinner for reference. If i can get everything put back together will be out sat. am show. Or will drive by as its up the road.
PS for those whome pm'd me asking what they used its Dupont ChromaPremier base color, didnt ask about the clear coat.
That's great Ken, can't wait to see her:thumbsup:This dude must be a true painter that takes PRIDE in his work:thumbsup: Not a Fly Bye Nite like JR of Venice:ack2::crazy03:

Back