• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

DEATH RACE

72ragtop

Great action packed movie. Nothing like the movie it "was" supposed made like. Death Race 2000.
This one blows away the original.

What are you talking about? The original "Death Race 2000" was serious comedy!!!!!!!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I gotta check out the new one.

I just saw the original Death Race last month. Was flipping channels at about 3am and there it was. It held my attention(love death and destruction)..
I've heard mixed reviews about the new version. Some friends say its great while others say it's just pure cheeseball like the original. Either way, I must purchase it.

It's no two lane blacktop, but I suppose it will do. lol:thumbsup:

I haven't seen the new version and it's too late unless I can dig up a bootleg copy or just wait till the new one comes out. I know that Jason Stathan's sidekick is super hot......that's about it.

The original is friggin' hilarious. I have it on VHS in those big squishy old school cases. I doubt the new version is supposed to be funny like the first.

OK, now that it is out on DVD, time for another set of reviews... Here's mine.

This is a different movie from the Original... More dramatic and darker, kinda like the latest Batman..The Dark Knight, as compaired to the early Batman movies. I think you get my drift here.

Death Race is what it is, a great action packed and gory movie. I think I will add this one to my list.

Joe b.

Ehhhh, I liked the movie but it was a big bite off of "The Running Man."
The only aspect to the original was Frankenstein, Machine Gun Joe, navigators and racing but really the stories are not even the same.

After I watched it, I had to watch Death Race 2000 and sorry, 2K was alot funnier. Also, if you look carefully at the REAL Frankenstein, David Carradine's car, there is a 'vette under there. This is really not a "remake." But damn the Transporter's navigator Case was so f@(king hot!!!!!!:p

Last edited:
Back