• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Corvette Florida gathering/BBQ

Gathering/cookout: Park or Private residence?

• State/County Park

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Private residence

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I don't care as log as it's centrally located

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • I don't care, I'll be there no matter what!

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shadow

Here's a link to the Date poll for the party:
http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26294

Please cast your vote:thumbsup:
(It's time for change...sorry, couldn't help myself:lmao:)

(Edit-I'll leave this stuck for 10 days to get some feedback.)

Ok, let me throw this out for some feedback.

Ken has graciously offered his home for a BBQ/gathering of the Corvette Florida crowd

Not wanting to step on anyones toes, another member mentioned to me the idea of using a State or County park, such as Ft. Desoto.

Each idea has it's own merit.

A Park:

Ample parking
Built in BBQ grills
Somebody else takes out the trash

Private residence (most likely Ken's place):
I'm sure parking is fine
Grill availability
Alcohol availability.

Kens place is somewhat central to most of us here whether you're coming from the North, South, East or West.

We could also try to find a park that is central as well if that's the interest of the group?

So, here is your chance!

Vote!

Park or a private home?

Last edited:
(Edit-I'll leave this stuck for 10 days to get some feedback.)

Ok, let me throw this out for some feedback.

Ken has graciously offered his home for a BBQ/gathering of the Corvette Florida crowd

Not wanting to step on anyones toes, another member mentioned to me the idea of using a State or County park, such as Ft. Desoto.

Each idea has it's own merit.

A Park:

Ample parking
Built in BBQ grills
Somebody else takes out the trash

Private residence (most likely Ken's place):
I'm sure parking is fine
Grill availability
Alcohol availability.

Kens place is somewhat central to most of us here whether you're coming from the North, South, East or West.

We could also try to find a park that is central as well if that's the interest of the group?

So, here is your chance!

Vote!

Park or a private home?
Hey Gordon, do you by any chance have ann idea of when this BBQ will take place? Sounds like a fun time, but we won't be back in the land of warm until early March. Sounds like a possibility if I'm in the area, and I don't have a preference on where it will be held.
Andy - up in the cold just waitin' till the next trip south! B-R-R-R-R-R-R-R!

March is usually a pretty good month and not too humid. I think we all need to go to Ken and Carrie's and re-christian Goldie since she was in the hospital for so long! :dancer01::thumbsup:

No firm date as yet.

One of the guys mentioned the end of February, but I'd bet we can hold off a week or 2 for you to get back!:thumbsup:

Don't schedule for February 28th. Corvettes of Charlotte County is having there show in Punta Gorda.

Dates don't matter to me as I come and go .I travel a lot ,but i'll make a special effort to attend .Most of ya have only met my azz.:D

Dates don't matter to me as I come and go .I travel a lot ,but i'll make a special effort to attend .Most of ya have only met my azz.:D

....:rofl1::eek:.....

Don't schedule for February 28th. Corvettes of Charlotte County is having there show in Punta Gorda.

Ok. So it's looking like sometime in March:thumbsup:

Ken's or a Park sounds great to me :dancer01::thumbsup:.Now March would be great as long as it not during the weekend of the 12 Hrs of Sebring:thumbsup:

Ken's or a Park sounds great to me :dancer01::thumbsup:.Now March would be great as long as it not during the weekend of the 12 Hrs of Sebring:thumbsup:

Gonna do what we can to accomodate everyone, but hey, what can you do?

There's almost always going to be something:nonod:

Maybe we can set up a big screen??

Well just durn. I can't click on park or residence at the same time. I don't care which but it would be my pleasure to host it if that's what the gang wants and Andy we'd wait for you guys to get south again, believe me.

PARTAAAAAAAAAA:thumbsup:

Well just durn. I can't click on park or residence at the same time. I don't care which but it would be my pleasure to host it if that's what the gang wants and Andy we'd wait for you guys to get south again, believe me.

PARTAAAAAAAAAA:thumbsup:

That's why I included the It doesn't matter choices:thumbsup:

:dancer01::dancer01::dancer01::dancer01:

I guess that it matters HOW MANY are planning to show up. 5 or 10 cars would be no biggie, but maybe 30 or so would be a problem. If it's somewhere between March 6th and March 16th, Dotty and I will try our darnedest to be there, but schedule it for whenever the most people will be able to make it. Whenever it is, and whoever is able to show up, it's GOTTA be a fun time........food, friends, and fantastic cars..............what more could you want?
What's that.........you say I forgot something.........oh yea.......
food, friends, fantastic cars, and 'FRESHMENTS

Andy :wavey:

Hmm... a BBQ in March? Count me in for that one. I don't think I've met anyone on here in person yet. If it ends up being at Kap's place, I'd be more than happy to help host by bringing stuff and helping set up.

Hmm... a BBQ in March? Count me in for that one. I don't think I've met anyone on here in person yet. If it ends up being at Kap's place, I'd be more than happy to help host by bringing stuff and helping set up.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm trying to unload my reptile business so Connie and I can act more like normal people and get out more, but I know it isn't going to happen by this summer...... :banghead: March is just real tough for us to get out of here. Even something centrally located means an overnighter for us, as we couldn't drive there, eat, drink and be merry, and then drive home the same day. And when the snakes are breeding, I've got to be a pimpin' or it doesn't happen. As you may well imagine, I'd have some pretty pissed off snakes if they missed their yearly breeding opportunity because I was goofing off somewhere.....

I'm trying to unload my reptile business so Connie and I can act more like normal people and get out more, but I know it isn't going to happen by this summer...... :banghead: March is just real tough for us to get out of here. Even something centrally located means an overnighter for us, as we couldn't drive there, eat, drink and be merry, and then drive home the same day. And when the snakes are breeding, I've got to be a pimpin' or it doesn't happen. As you may well imagine, I'd have some pretty pissed off snakes if they missed their yearly breeding opportunity because I was goofing off somewhere.....
Rich, bring the really pissed off ones to the BBQ! They don't take long to grill, and taste like chicken. When the word gets back to the reptile house, your next breeding cycle will be a piece of cake! :lmao::lmao::lmao:
Andy :wavey:

Back