• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

AutoCross 2009

Yeah, I go through tires quicker than the average bear, so it should ever really be an issue on the vette. My main concern was for my truck that I just bought used tires for. I'm going through some suspension mods and didn't want to burn up new tires. Hopefully within the year I'll get some nice new kumho's for her.

The vette gets new rear tires once a year and new fronts every year and half to two years. Hopefully with the Pilot sports I'll get more traction and won't burn them up like I do the kumhos I have on there now.

Khumo vs. Pilot Sports

I'm hearing the Khumos can be very sticky but of course you give up some mileage with the softer compounds. I remember when F1 allowed a qualifying tire and they were good for only 1 hot lap! They looked like sponges and were almost as soft.

Good luck with the truck project!

Yeah, I got the non-sticky ones I guess. They have a couple of new models out that are suppose to be much improved, but they cost more too. For that I'll just step on up to the Pilot Sports. I like the feedback on the firestone wide ovals as well, but I like what Michelin has done for the corvette racing program so I'd really like to support them. That way their marketing efforts can continue as well... :thumbsup:

Support the sponsors

I like the way you think. Looking at it from this side of the fence, that philosophy works. Michelin's OEM business is way off and they could use all the help the can get. They have been a sponsor of NARRA and always treated us very well.

Well, it looks like I won't be making the Sebring event. Let me know when you make it back down to Sebring. I'm dying to run that track wide open!

Narra @ Sebring

NARRA High Performance Driving School includes the following: one on one instruction, classroom sessions(several), transponders for timing each lap, nice trophies, Saturday night banquet at Chateau Elan. $495.00 (includes $100 first time discount)

Races both Sat. and Sunday for your entertainment. Make a cruise out of it and come out to watch if nothing else. We'd like to meet you guys.

We are also holding a school at Roebling Road Sept. 25-27, otherwise it will be next year before we are back in Florida.

Back