• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Help with bulb

Pres712

Pres712
After 20 years with my '86 the right front turn signal bulb bit the dust! I've replaced the "fog" light and it is accesable from the back under the hood. But right next to it is the turn signal and no access! How the heck do you change that bulb? The service manual is no help. :banghead:

Sorry 'bout the avitar but one pic is enough and she gets it!

I don't understand. The right front turn signal bulb on my 87 is probably the easiest bulb to replace. There's a large hole cutout right above the horn in the front right well. The turn signal bulb holder and wire are in plain view easy to get at and replace the bulb.

light.jpg

NOW, changing the driving light bulb is really a PITA!

Crewzin: Thanks for the reply but I thought that was the driving light. The turn bulb seems to be farther to the right? I will give it a shot and see if that is the bulb. Thanks again.

I'm almost positive that's the turn signal bulb as there's aother holder for the driving light about 12 inches further towards the center in front of the radiator, and as I said...a real PITA to get too.

You were right!

Crewzin: You were right about that being the turn signal bulb. Only problem is when I took it out, it started working!!! I cleaned it up, wiggled it around and can't make it do it again! Arrrrrg! I want to thank you for taking time to shot the picture, mark the spot and get it to me. That's nice!!! Fingers crossed on it staying lit. :shrug01:

Your welcome. Ain't technology great. I can take a pic, edit it and post it on the web in about 5 minutes.

You can even add a second light holder if need be. :D

well2lites.jpg

Pres712 said:
Now you peeked my curiosity. What the heck is that second hole and where was it yesterday?

Notice I said "you can add a second light holder". Just playing around with Adobe Photo Delux. You can add or subtract anything you want, if you know how to use it. :rofl1:

Back