• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Water Wetter?

Water Wetter

• NO! Its horrible!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It makes no difference

• It makes a wonderful fondue!

• Total voters

Mekanic

Injector Guy
Hey, I posted this on the "Other forum" but thought us FL people would have an even better idea!

My 1996 LT4 runs 192 constatly during cruising, climbs to the 220s in HEAVY trafic, or sitting at a drive through for a while it will go to 230.

While normal temps for a C4, I'm wondering if water wetter could improve on it further.

I've used it in my 66 for years. I have a 160 degree thermostat and that's where it stays. Before I put a new radiator in, the WW made about a 10 degree difference, plus it has a water pump lubricant in it. Definately runs cooler.

Nytro said:
I've used it in my 66 for years. I have a 160 degree thermostat and that's where it stays. Before I put a new radiator in, the WW made about a 10 degree difference, plus it has a water pump lubricant in it. Definately runs cooler.
Hey Nytro i have a 160 in my car and it runs about 178. In traffic may climb to 185-190 tops.I will try some of the chit , thanks buddy:thumbsup:

Drag-racers have been using it for years, as it helps cooling-down the car between rounds quicker and easier.

Nytro said:

What he said:yesnod: :yesnod:

Go to: www.rehermorrison.com to read the racers take & the sciende of it....it will be in the tips section.

Water wetter with 100% water works by far the best. In our drag cars thats all we use. In your vettes you need the additive protection of Dex or conventional antifreeze for the metals, but for ultimate cooling water alone with cool dow/watter wetter is by far the best for cooling. On my heads/cam daily driver I run NO antifreeze since I am in FLA and want the best cooling. The water wetter does add corosion protection.

Back