• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Corvette Club members?

Are you NOW a member of a Florida Corvette Club?

• Total voters
I really don't do that much recreational 4 wheelin'. Most of mine is work or duty related. I needed the added ability to enter real soft sand, orange groves and the like and rough terrain (for Florida) as well as the additional ground clearance for high water (mainly the summer rainstorms where parts of St. Pete and Tampa go underwater.).

I almost purchased a 2WD raised vehicle like a pre-runner, but wanted the ability not only to get in, but to get myself out.

The Suncoast Flatlanders have a SAR unit thats on the FEMA and Statewide call list for hurricanes. I've been getting involved with that. I love SAR:thumbsup:

Bay Area CC - Clearwater

Member of BACC since '93; we have been affiliated with NCCC since our inception in 1970. Founded a club in Columbus, OH in '67, member of NCCC since '68. Served as President of NCCC in '71 & '72, hence Pres-712! Currently NCCC Governor of BACC. Meetings are second Thursday of every month at our sponsor, Dimmitt Chevrolet and our website is:

www.baccvette.us

Come join us!!!

4 clubs here. :D

CCCC: Citrus County Corvette Club = All Corvettes
CCC: Citrus County Cruisers = All kinds of cars
TBPTC: Tampa Bay PT Cruiser Club = PT Cruisers
NCPTCC: Nature Cooast PT Cruiser Club = PT Cruisers

Belong to the SW Florida Corvette Club. We meet every second Tuesday of the month @ 7PM @ the Fort Myers Christian Church, 5916 Winkler Road, Fort Myers. New members are always welcomed. Give us a try.

bobharb said:
I'm new to miami. Would appreceiate some guidence toward a local club to join.
Thanks, Bob

First welcome to the site.

I would suggest that you scroll up to the Welcome Room and introduce yourself. In your introduction ask for some help with clubs in the South Florida area. I am sure that you will get plenty of responses. Be prepared they will ask you to post some pictures of your car. Don't let that intimidate you, if you don't know how just ask and they will help you with that too!

Good Luck!

Rich

Since we have both an older, '74, Vette and a streetrod, we decided to join a classic car club.:thumbsup: This way depending on the event, either car would be welcome. Also, the cruises are designed more for the older car (drive at a slower pace) which we find more enjoyable than trying to keep up with the newer cars.:shrug01:

Good day to all! Just finding my way around this forum. Just recently became a member of the Corvettes On The Gulf, located in Cape Coral . We currently have 92 members. :thumbsup:

I was in a number of clubs but when I went to prison I just lost track .Then AA meetings we're always the same night as the club rides .

newskatercat said:
Good day to all! Just finding my way around this forum. Just recently became a member of the Corvettes On The Gulf, located in Cape Coral . We currently have 92 members. :thumbsup:

I think I asked you about club membership in an earlier post. I'm with Southwest Florida Corvette Club. We participate in each other's events many times. Hope to meet you at one of these!! Welcome to the site!

Never been a member of any car clubs, just haven't found the time, what with kids and all. It will be a while before my car is up to it anyway, but I used to drive my 71 Z28 to What-a-Burger on saturday nights on Thomasville road in Tallahassee. Saw a lot of cool cars back then.

85vette said:
Never been a member of any car clubs, just haven't found the time, what with kids and all. It will be a while before my car is up to it anyway, but I used to drive my 71 Z28 to What-a-Burger on saturday nights on Thomasville road in Tallahassee. Saw a lot of cool cars back then.

There still are some meetings there. I know Cruisin Corvettes has a meeting there every third Saturday of the month during the evening. There are others, but I couldn't pin down the nights they take place, right off hand.

We've...

Still not joined any "clubs" as of yet. We kind of like the freedom to do as we please, although, it's not out of the question.:thumbsup:

~Ray

2Vettes said:
I think I asked you about club membership in an earlier post. I'm with Southwest Florida Corvette Club. We participate in each other's events many times. Hope to meet you at one of these!! Welcome to the site!
Thanks 2Vettes! :thumbsup:

ynkedad said:
Still not joined any "clubs" as of yet. We kind of like the freedom to do as we please, although, it's not out of the question.:thumbsup:

~Ray

Hmm, why would joining a club prevent you from doing as you please? :shrug01: I recently signed up with the local Tallahassee group, but I seriously doubt it is going to take anything away from me doing so.......

So what am I missing here?

Well, here goes...

1) Isn't one Expected to do club things, whether it's functions or meetings. Otherwise, you'd be a # on a roster with no name (dead weight) IMO.
2) Wouldn't I have the responsibility of "representing" my club whenever i'm at a function? Like...Wearing Their "colors", Which may be:ack2:
3) I don't wanna have to make up crap, to explain why I couldn't make it to a function.:shrug01:
Not to mention... I hate the idea of being geographically stuck, giving me limited choices, with having to be a member of the "local" club(s).
And if we were to join a club further away, how often would we be able to attend...their weekly or monthly cruises, meetings etc..thus we'd be strangers (step children) whenever we would show up. :nopity:

I've visited all of the local club websites and to be honest, the clubs in this area look to be BORING (their pg's have little or no "curb appeal" to draw me in. Yup.. "I judged the book by its cover".
I know...These are pretty much LAME excuses.:rolleyes: and
one day i'll get over my insecurities and take the plunge. Until then...this is my club and these are my friends.:thumbsup:
Sorry for straying off topic a bit there.:rolleyes:

Nothing but respect,

~Ray:thumbsup:

Back