• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

question about the Ultimate Corvette party.

ynkedad

Wassup!!!
The vendors, are there going to be exhaust vendors there? if so, do they do the mods there or just sell the products for you to take home to have done?
Or is this not the type of Vette gathering that consists of these sorts of vendors?

Also, why is it I never hear of anyone putting the Flowmaster exhaust system on their Vette?
My wifes car has them and they sound great!

Thanks,

Ray

Ray, are her Flowmasters cat back or just the mufflers? I had the Flowmaster system on my '92 and loved it but I didn't think they made a cat back system for the C5. If I'm wrong I may be looking for another system. I've got the Magnaflow cat back with X pipe on it now and I would like it louder.
As far as the vendors at the show, I'm sorry I don't know. I didn't mean to hijack your thread.....:NoNo:

2Vettes said:
Ray, are her Flowmasters cat back or just the mufflers? I had the Flowmaster system on my '92 and loved it but I didn't think they made a cat back system for the C5. If I'm wrong I may be looking for another system. I've got the Magnaflow cat back with X pipe on it now and I would like it louder.
As far as the vendors at the show, I'm sorry I don't know. I didn't mean to hijack your thread.....:NoNo:
:wavey:Not at all.....:thumbsup:
So far as I know, they're just the mufflers. The people at the dealership knew nothing about the system that was installed. (chrysler dealer).
I have yet to really look for myself, but will tomarrow.:thumbsup:
I do know they sound awesome and put mine to shame! (stock)
Hers has a Hot rod sound, deep growl, Very little if any drone at all (depends on gear i'm in etc), aren't too loud with the top down and when she cranks it over, Wow...Music!:thumbsup:
I'm wondering if the various other brands out there, sound as good or better than hers?

Sorry I didn't have any Important info to share with you.

Ray.

ynkedad said:
The vendors, are there going to be exhaust vendors there? if so, do they do the mods there or just sell the products for you to take home to have done?
Or is this not the type of Vette gathering that consists of these sorts of vendors?

Also, why is it I never hear of anyone putting the Flowmaster exhaust system on their Vette?
My wifes car has them and they sound great!

Thanks,

Ray

There will be exhaust vendors there. I am not sure if there will be instals or not.

I had flowmasters on my 02 w/ a Bassani X Pipe. The system was not bad. I like it. I put over @ 35 mile on it.

Then I decided it was time for the upgrades.
I wanted Bigger tips :lmao:, So I went with the Corsa Daytona Indys and just had to buy :rofl1: the LG headers and high flow cats to go with it :D

Ray,

When I was looking to replace the stock exhaust on our '01 vert, I wanted something that was more aggressive, but also did not drive me out of my mind when I was just cruising down the road. I did a lot of looking but do not remember much about the Flowmasters for the C5s.

Exhaust sound is like cars, the ones you hate other people love, and vice versa. I selected the Corsa Pace Car mufflers and I bought them at Carlisle from West Coast Corvettes. They had the best deal at that show at $825. Corsa was also there installing their systems for a very reasonable fee, but I did not bring the Vette, because I was looking for the exhaust!

Anyway, it was very easy to install, and they are a little louder than the stock exhaust at idle, much louder at WOT (which is what I wanted), but only slightly louder cruising around in the 50 - 60 mph range. Virtually no interior drown at all while cruising. That is what sold me on mine. Now you will find people who will tell you that the Corsa Pace Car mufflers are not loud enough for them, but they do the trick for these 58 year old ears of mine!

I would recommend that you try to get around to some of the events near you, and when you see a Vette with other than stock exhaust, ask to hear the exhaust. Explain your in the market and would like his opinion. I haven't met a car person yet that when asked to start the car and rev it up a little doesn't break out in a smile and say sure!

Good luck!

Diddo Rich427. When you're at the Tampa show just ask to hear some of the systems and there won't be one driver who will refuse to start up his / her vette for you to hear the "music" of the exhaust! In fact, you may even start a competition going to show you which is the loudest!

What's the number of Corvettes going to be there? 400+? Now what would be cool is to pick a time and just have a Corvette Roar, with EVERYONE revving their engines. Now THAT would be something!

2Vettes said:
Diddo Rich427. When you're at the Tampa show just ask to hear some of the systems and there won't be one driver who will refuse to start up his / her vette for you to hear the "music" of the exhaust! In fact, you may even start a competition going to show you which is the loudest!

There was a competition at the Dimmitt show in September. That was kinda fun.

Well, let the oil get some heat to it before revving the engine. Not good on the bearings to spin up the revs on a cold motor.....

Rich Z said:
Well, let the oil get some heat to it before revving the engine. Not good on the bearings to spin up the revs on a cold motor.....
I think it would be cool just hearing them all idling together. :D

Back