The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 03-31-2010, 08:54 PM   #111
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Finally moved the C6 into the garage yesterday...........

The floor didn't turn out too badly. I missed several spots on that second coat of clear coat, but it's not real noticeable unless you look for it. I just could NOT see the new layer being but down over that first clear coat at all. Oh well, it's pretty much done. Just need to touch up some places where I had too much tape over the concrete.

Unread 03-31-2010, 09:10 PM   #112
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Beautiful! Nice car too.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2010, 10:44 AM   #113
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Now you've finally got a place to keep the pollen off those babies! Lookin good!
Unread 04-02-2010, 08:33 AM   #114
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

You'll be happy with that floor Rich. I know I am with mine!

Rich

2014 Z51 7 Speed Convertible
Laguna Blue/Grey/Grey
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 01:11 AM   #115
Rich Z

Well, I guess I can't expect something to last forever, but darn, I had HOPED I would never have to think about doing that garage floor again...

At first I thought these were just smudges from the tires, but when I looked closer, no, the paint has been LIFTED off of the concrete by the tires.

Sheesh... and we took painstaking care to try to do everything right doing that floor. Even got the optional automotive clear coat, and let it set and dry for at least a week before pulling the cars into the garage. And since our road is unpaved, as is our driveway, it's not like we are pulling very hot tires onto the garage floor fresh from being on hot asphalt.

Dammit..... I would rather do 10 things once than to do one thing over again. So maybe I'll just try to patch the paint and maybe put some sort of covering underneath the vehicles to try to keep it from getting worse.
Unread 10-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #116
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

Wow, what a drag. I know how you were looking forward to doing the floor again soon. You might consider, when it's done, putting some kind of pads on the floor for the tires to sit on. Even small pieces of carpet would do. Just in case residual heat from the tires is the culprit.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 03:37 PM   #117
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Rich,

I would contact UCoat It and talk to them. I know they have two different products, one that is a little cheaper and is not for an automotive application and the other is designed to take the heat from the tires. I know you can contact them in a live chat setup on their website. I know I would be pissed if that happened to my floor. I have the same product for an automotive application on my garage floor for the past 6 years and have not had any issues. I do use some old carpet samples under my tires, not to help dissipate the heat but just to make the floor clean up easier. I also know how much time and effort it takes to put down a floor system like this. I would talk to them, send them the pictures and see what they have to say. At this point, you don't have anything else to lose.

Good luck.

Rich

2014 Z51 7 Speed Convertible
Laguna Blue/Grey/Grey
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 04:41 PM   #118
Rich Z

Well, I sent them an email with the photos attached. I expect they will just blow me off, though. But maybe they will surprise me. Of course, I don't have a clue what they could say to me now that would make me feel any better about this. Doing the floor over again is just not going to be an option.
Unread 10-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #119
Benjamin

Name : BENJAMIN LONG SR.
Benjamin is on a distinguished road

shouldn't be too hard to repaint a small area like that, may not look perfect but should be easier than re-doing the entire floor.

just mask off an area larger than the damage, strip the area and re-paint that section.
Unread 10-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #120
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
shouldn't be too hard to repaint a small area like that, may not look perfect but should be easier than re-doing the entire floor.

just mask off an area larger than the damage, strip the area and re-paint that section.
Yeah, that will probably be my only option. Then I can put down some sort of covering on the floor under each vehicle to try to stop that from happening again.

But I will have to do this in such a way that I don't have to leave any of the vehicles outside for a spell. This is the time of year when rodents start looking for a place to over winter during the colder nights. The main reason I had that garage built in the first place was because of rodents wanting to tear up the wiring on the vehicles. They also tore up the standby generator I have outside. I got pretty tired of that. Not to mention that the repairs got to be rather expensive.