The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 09-30-2010, 05:34 PM   #131
THUNDER
Rideing in style

Name : Chris Plato
THUNDER is on a distinguished road

Lol.
Unread 09-30-2010, 08:14 PM   #132
vetteguy61

Name : Mike Elmore
vetteguy61 has disabled reputation

I'm too old to run so walking is it for me.

On a happy note. My daughter gave birth to my new grandaughter at 3:26 am today. Weighed in at 6lb 4oz with a full head of hair.
vetteguy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2010, 08:31 PM   #133
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Here's a video of Mike's car being rescued from Chris's shop last week. That was on Wednesday, 09/22 if I remember correctly...

Unread 09-30-2010, 08:58 PM   #134
Someoneyoushouldknow
victim #1

Name : Elizabeth Kelly
Someoneyoushouldknow has disabled reputation

Aw Mike! Or Grandpapa Mike!

Rich what's the maroonish looking car? What's going on in the video with that?
Someoneyoushouldknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2010, 10:02 PM   #135
vetteguy61

Name : Mike Elmore
vetteguy61 has disabled reputation

Liz you calling my car a moon car?
vetteguy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2010, 10:30 PM   #136
Someoneyoushouldknow
victim #1

I thought yours was the white one with the blue? I'm confused.
Unread 09-30-2010, 10:47 PM   #137
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

By the looks of things in the video he was OK at tearing them apart. Doesn't look like he knew how to put them back together. I'm guessing he doesn't work for free and if he's already got the money, he figures why bother.

I had another thought tonight. He's not at work, not at home and doesn't have any money. Hmmm.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2010, 01:24 AM   #138
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someoneyoushouldknow View Post
Aw Mike! Or Grandpapa Mike!

Rich what's the maroonish looking car? What's going on in the video with that?
The maroon colored car is Robert's. It's been there quite a long time. He couldn't get it out of there that day we were all there. Not sure if he has gotten it out yet, but I'm sure Mike would know.
Unread 10-01-2010, 02:20 AM   #139
Rich Z

Now this is an interesting video I just worked up. I was tied up with something a while back, but left my camcorder with Chris at the shop, so he set it up and took the video footage of himself hooking up the supposedly rebuilt transmission and differential onto my torque tube to go into my car.

I had actually seen what he claimed were my transmission and differential on the floor near the torque tube, and made comment that they didn't look like rebuilt units to me, in that the cases looked like they had freshly come out of a car. At best sprayed down with Simple Green and wiped down. I had figured that anyone rebuilding those units would have certainly cleaned them up, and put some sort of identifying mark or tag on them. You will notice in the video that they ARE nice and shiny looking, however, they are merely spray painted with silver gray paint. Coincidentally enough, the same spray paint that I had noted on my supposedly Jet Hot ceramic coated turbo housings, mentioned earlier in this thread. Quite honestly, that fact alone raised my suspicions that all was not as I was being told. So this video explicitly shows Chris mounting the transmission and differential to my torque tube to be installed in my car, all the while claiming that these were the units that I paid him $3,450.00 for. Only to have him admit under threat of inspection now by a third party, that I had not in fact gotten what I had paid for at all. All of the evidence plainly pointing to my belief that my old units were merely spray painted and put right back into my car, with Chris hoping I would be none the wiser.

Inserted between the sections of video footage are emails I exchanged with Chris concerning the transmission and differential. There is also a view of the invoice he finally sent me as a JPG attachment to an email claiming that this was the invoice I was seeking from him. I only got this "invoice" after an extreme amount of nagging about it. I believe the time period of this nagging spans MONTHS.

I suggest that you click the PAUSE button for those text sections so you can actually READ the correspondence that took place between Chris and myself. In the last email, Chris Harwood plainly admits that I did NOT get the transmission and differential that I paid him for, and says he will refund my money for them. What makes this even more noteworthy, is that with this fact in mind, then it is obvious that the invoice he sent to me is completely bogus and was created to mislead me into believing that he had, in fact, provided me with those items I had paid for. And as an aside, it is noteworthy concerning the conflict of stories that the bogus invoice shows that the transmission had been "media blasted" which was NOT the case with the unit that Chris spray painted and put into my car.

The PROOF of what transpired doesn't get much more black and white than this is.

Unread 10-01-2010, 08:14 AM   #140
Someoneyoushouldknow
victim #1

He hasn't gotten "rite" with anyone yet. I've been waiting a long time, already. In a funny/ironic twist the last text I got from him said "I havnt forgot you just wanted you to know"

I'm taking my car to a shop. Even if I have to put some money into an inspection, I'm scared of what's under the hood.