The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 10-05-2010, 12:42 AM   #161
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatbum View Post
I really don't know what to do because I'm deployed and I feel helpless and I just don't want anything to do with this crap anymore if it's going to be nothing but court battles for my family.
You are not alone and not helpless here. If any sort of courtroom appearances are asked of you, it is my opinion that it will be as a witness for the prosecution in one or more court cases involving parties against Chris Harwood. Quite frankly, if Chris were to engage in something like this, then it will likely just accelerate other legal actions that others are considering semi-seriously, into the "seriously" category.

If Chris does not have the money to pay back the people he owes money and services to, then he certainly is not going to have the money that an attorney would demand to fight such an uphill battle as a "slander" case. Those are about the most difficult cases to win that any attorney can handle, and they know it. And they certainly would not take it on a contingency basis, because they would know they would be wasting their time. So that would mean a LOT of money up front, as a retainer, that Chris would have to know is pretty much just flushing that money down the hopper as far as he is concerned. And quite frankly, that just sounds like a HIGHLY unlikely step for him to take, to me. Heck, he hasn't been able to come up with the $3,950.00 refund he still owes me for the transmission and differential that he did not install as he said he did. A retainer for an attorney would be at least twice that amount, and only get him about 10 hours worth of work. Then the REAL legal bills start rolling in for him. He better have allocated at least $25,000 for this endeavor.
Unread 10-06-2010, 08:35 PM   #162
Rich Z

Well, I found yet another probable discrepancy between what Chris said I was getting on my car, and what it is I actually got.

On the original invoice I paid off of for the build, the clutch was supposed to be:
Quote:
FIDANZA OR SPEC TWIN DISC CLUTCH (1300 HP CAPACITY)
For which I paid $1,350.00.

Turns out, when I got a copy of the original invoice from Chris for my clutch, which happened VERY recently, the Fidanza clutch (part number FID 398575 - Fidanza 6.5 Twin Disc Clutch Kit) is actually only rated at only 625 ft. lbs of torque.

http://www.maperformance.com/fidanza...ebird-gto.html

Now I know we are comparing a horse power rating with a torque rating, but is it likely that an engine producing 1,300 horsepower will only be producing 625 foot pounds of torque?

In other words, did I get what I paid for, or not?
Unread 10-06-2010, 09:41 PM   #163
Rich Z

Well, in all fairness, I have to admit to the likelihood that Chris made an honest mistake in purchasing this unit because of the text in the ad copy on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fidan...Q5fAccessories

Not that it absolves him of the responsibility of making good on what I was SUPPOSED to have gotten in my car that I had paid in advance for. It was still his responsibility to research the clutch he intended to buy and to verify that it would meet the criteria stated within the quote he sent me for the build for my car. He selected the clutch and he selected who to purchase it from. I had absolutely no input in those decisions.

He is going to contact that Ebay vendor, but since the purchase date is 05/11/2010, I would be seriously surprised if the seller does anything about it at all. So this will likely be all on Chris's shoulders to make restitution for this mistake.

But no matter what happens, getting my car back is certainly going to be delayed even further because that inadequate clutch will have to be removed and replaced by a more capable unit.
Unread 10-06-2010, 09:43 PM   #164
Someoneyoushouldknow
victim #1

Name : Elizabeth Kelly
Someoneyoushouldknow has disabled reputation

at least you found out now before it caused a problem.
Someoneyoushouldknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2010, 10:42 PM   #165
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Geez, why am I not surprised.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2010, 12:21 AM   #166
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someoneyoushouldknow View Post
at least you found out now before it caused a problem.
Not sure it matters. Every time I turn around I am finding that I did not get something or another that I paid Chris to do or get for my car. I have asked Aaron for an estimate of what he expects it will cost me to finish what Chris did not finish, and to correct when mistakes he knows of at this point that Chris has made. I then need to make a rational decision about what to do.
Unread 10-10-2010, 06:20 PM   #167
Rich Z

Last week, Aaron had to pull out the couplers and MAF sensor while doing the tuning, and I noticed that the MAF in my car is screened. Now, best I recollect, mine was UNscreened, as I believe the stock MAF for a C5 Z06 does not have that screen in place. I believe the stock LS1 MAF is not only screened, but is also smaller in diameter.

So the question is, why is that MAF in my car, and where did it come from?
Unread 10-11-2010, 10:40 AM   #168
Someoneyoushouldknow
victim #1

So I called a shop here in Tallahassee, it's about a block and a half up the road, I was asking how much it would be to take a look at the engine and tell me what it was. I was telling him I never got an invoice for my engine, he asks if it was a shop here in Tallahassee, I tell him no Blountstown, He says and I quote "It wasn't that Harwood guy was it?" I guess he's heard of him too.
Unread 10-11-2010, 11:35 AM   #169
vetteguy61

Name : Mike Elmore
vetteguy61 has disabled reputation

That was pretty good Liz. looks like the word is spreading on Chris and his lousy work.
vetteguy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2010, 11:39 AM   #170
Someoneyoushouldknow
victim #1

He was really nice about it. He said he knew some people who had Chris work on their cars and none of them were happy. He's going to take a look at my car tomorrow and see if he can tell me what my engine is, and see what's going on with it.