The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 12-10-2007, 12:57 AM   #11
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kap142 View Post
They would have an impossible time. Heck law enforcement can't lawfully find out who bought what without probable cause to believe that that person used a very specific gun in the commission of a felony, believe me.
Well stated Ken

It would be an IMPOSSIBLE task, much like the task of stopping terrorism.
Too many guns in too many hands and very little if any registration (especially of older weapons) thank God!

Besides, if nationwide confiscation were to occur, there would be 10;s of thousands of "lost" weapons...don't know where it went? Was here 10 years ago when I last checked

As for me, I'll NEVER willfully give up my weapon!

Gordon B.
Life Member
NRA
NRA/Police Firearms Instructor (don't say a word Carrie!)
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2007, 01:47 AM   #12
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Gordon B.
Life Member
NRA
NRA/Police Firearms Instructor (don't say a word Carrie!)
Been a life member since 1983 myself........

And for the record, ANY law that legalizes confiscation of firearms will be an ex post facto law. Which is SPECIFICALLY prohibited by the Constitution.
Unread 12-10-2007, 07:21 AM   #13
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98 softtail View Post
rather than a very simply worded statement establishing a right of the citizenry to protect Life, Liberty, and Property from all Invaders both Foreign and Domestic.

IMHO,
Joe B. member NRA
This portion of the Amendment has already been twisted in some States
Heck, there was a time when if you have a Burglar Invade your home (in CA) you had to prove that they intended bodily harm and that you were in imminent fear of your life to justify shooting them. Then, you better hope their dead body had fallen INside your house and Not out the front door.

Now I submit to you..It's dark, your family is asleep and there's an intruder INside your home, and the Only thing standing in the way of the Invader and their unknown agenda is You. Are you going to ask questions, announce your presence and give away your Only edge (the element of suprise) or?....

I think at this point, I'd have found my "lost" gun!!!

BTW..I do believe the State of FL recently amended this, am I correct?.
Unread 12-10-2007, 08:17 AM   #14
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

A few years back, Florida amended the Castle Doctrine, They broadened the scope regarding where you're "required" to flee from an attack and when you may legally use deadly force.

Of course all the anti-gunners and some LEO admin types whined and boo hooed that this would cause chaos and random "old west style" gunplay, much the same as thery did regarding Keenesaw Georgia's gun law.

In both cases, the PEOPLE have proven them incorrect

We've not experienced this problem and Keenesaw is one of the safest places in the world to live

As to your first scenario, once you've KILLED the intruder, you may then submit the perpetrators "intent" to the police, etc. It's simply a matter of regurgitating the information you gathered from the DEAD perpetrator prior to shooting him DRT...Dead Right There!!!...right

See how simple that was?
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2007, 11:23 AM   #15
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

If anyone is inside my house uninvited, I am in fear for my life. Once someone else gets the upper hand, you are COMPLETELY at their mercy. You no longer have a say in the matter.

As to the Florida Castle Doctine Law:

Quote:
The Florida "Castle Doctrine" law basically does three things:
  • One: It establishes, in law, the presumption that a criminal who forcibly enters or intrudes into your home or occupied vehicle is there to cause death or great bodily harm, therefore a person may use any manner of force, including deadly force, against that person.
  • Two: It removes the "duty to retreat" if you are attacked in any place you have a right to be. You no longer have to turn your back on a criminal and try to run when attacked. Instead, you may stand your ground and fight back, meeting force with force, including deadly force, if you reasonably believe it is necessary to prevent death or great bodily harm to yourself or others. [This is an American right repeatedly recognized in Supreme Court gun cases.]
  • Three: It provides that persons using force authorized by law shall not be prosecuted for using such force.

It also prohibits criminals and their families from suing victims for injuring or killing the criminals who have attacked them.
In short, it gives rights back to law-abiding people and forces judges and prosecutors who are prone to coddling criminals to instead focus on protecting victims.
Courtesy: http://www.gunlaws.com/FloridaCastleDoctrine.htm
Unread 12-10-2007, 06:16 PM   #16
stormin9mm

Name :
stormin9mm has disabled reputation
Default 2nd Amendment

You have to love living in the good old USA . I love exercising my 2nd Amendment rights by buying lots of firearms and have been Concealed Carrying since it was legal to do so in Florida. To think that there are over 450,000 CCW permits in Florida makes me feel pretty safe all over, to others it may seem scary. Many people feel that the recent shootings send a message for more laws and control, but I see it as a message for more people to Conceal Carry. Way too much negative press and not enough positive on the use of firearms. If the SHTF, see which house the anitgun people run to for help.
Besides, fast cool cars and guns just seem to go together.
stormin9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2007, 07:53 PM   #17
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough

The wife and I have been meaning to get concealed weapon permits, just haven't yet.
Unread 12-10-2007, 08:22 PM   #18
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road

My, my, my this thread is getting interesting.

Many a time I was asked, when I was wearing a Kermit the frog suit and a star "what if"? As best I could I would explain that retreat from a (burglars) threat was undefined by statute. I offered a few thoughts along those lines, first, if someone broke into my home they were a threat and it was reasonable to assume that they intended to harm me and my family,thus placing our lives in danger.

Second, that yes, the statute says you must retreat, but what it doesn't say is how far (I'm thinking 2" is plenty JMHO) and thirdly (please remember this should it ever be needed) I AM IN FEAR OF GREAT BODILY HARM OR DEATH.

No States Attorney will prosecute this case, NONE. You will be a hero who has justly protected your family and property from some POS that shouldn't be living anyway.
Unread 12-11-2007, 01:28 AM   #19
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough
Default Huurrrahh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kap142 View Post
My, my, my this thread is getting interesting.

Many a time I was asked, when I was wearing a Kermit the frog suit and a star "what if"? As best I could I would explain that retreat from a (burglars) threat was undefined by statute. I offered a few thoughts along those lines, first, if someone broke into my home they were a threat and it was reasonable to assume that they intended to harm me and my family,thus placing our lives in danger.

Second, that yes, the statute says you must retreat, but what it doesn't say is how far (I'm thinking 2" is plenty JMHO) and thirdly (please remember this should it ever be needed) I AM IN FEAR OF GREAT BODILY HARM OR DEATH.

No States Attorney will prosecute this case, NONE. You will be a hero who has justly protected your family and property from some POS that shouldn't be living anyway.
I LOVE YOU BRO.....
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2007, 01:41 AM   #20
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Been a life member since 1983 myself........

And for the record, ANY law that legalizes confiscation of firearms will be an ex post facto law. Which is SPECIFICALLY prohibited by the Constitution.
I will bet that a majority of Corvette owners agree with the Second Ammendment, wether they own a firearm or not.

Someone do a poll.....
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote