The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 01-02-2007, 10:33 AM   #11
Hot BluZ

Name :
Hot BluZ is on a distinguished road

In conversation with my local dealer, he stated that GMPP is available, but he was unable to discount the price.

Don't know if this is fact, but I did buy another extended warranty through my local dealer, and our club sponsor, that had better terms than the GMPP pricing I was getting from Fitchner. It is through CNA National Warranty Corp - Florida. I did some checking on the company and it was positive, it's been in business a long time and there were no negative reports with any of the reporting or monitoring agencies. It's transferable or I can cancel and receive a prorated refund.

2004 Z06/Z16 #4 Born on July 26, 2004 - Sold Aug 07

1969 Coupe - White - Sold 1976
Hot BluZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2007, 01:18 PM   #12
Mortaci

Name :
Mortaci is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Info to help you all. You can purchase a GMPP from any GM dealer in the country. Any GM dealer in the country can collect from GM for doing work on a GMPP protected car. I don't have one myself on our cars, But I have heard from Corvette Forum.com members that Ken at Fichtner is very competitive in helping pick the right program and bidding for your business. He is an HONEST DEALER!!! WOW they do exist. Ask him about Fl GMPP. Then post what he said here to help others. Mort E-mail him at kenfichtner@fichtnerchevrolet.com
Mortaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2007, 02:38 PM   #13
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I did get a response from Fichtner, and he couldn't touch the price I got from MacMulkin. Tommy charges people who buy cars from him only $100 over their cost for the GMPP extended warranty.

I'm still not certain when the best time to buy is, however. Hearing conflicting stories. Some say that the policy starts at the purchase date of the policy, and others are saying that the policy starts at the date of purchase of the CAR. So will make a difference on when you buy the policy if the former is true. Regardless there will be some overlap of double coverage of the extended warranty and the standard warranty. Apparently the price of the extended warranty is cheaper if you buy it before the 12,000 mile 12 month date has been reached....
Unread 01-02-2007, 03:01 PM   #14
cuspid

Name :
cuspid has disabled reputation

In Florida you cannot negotiate on insurance premiums, not so in other states.
cuspid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2007, 03:55 PM   #15
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuspid
In Florida you cannot negotiate on insurance premiums, not so in other states.
Sure sounds like the legislature has been bought by the insurance companies, doesn't it?
Unread 01-02-2007, 08:37 PM   #16
Mortaci

Name :
Mortaci is on a distinguished road

Thanks Rich, I hope this can be saved for other members who get a line of BULL from Fla dealers about GMPP. Mort @ Citrus County Corvettes
Mortaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2007, 08:06 AM   #17
thebeepster
truth seeker

Name :
thebeepster has disabled reputation

I recently e mailed Dennis Fichter when the ? of FLA coverage was raised. His answer to me was that he sells 600-700 policies per yr. in FL. However, the pricing is different inasmuch as it is set by the state insurance commisioner. His reply was: "The price must be MSRP or higher". This is the most blatant example I have seen so far as to who controls the decision making process (for Insurance) in the FL legislature.
thebeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2007, 10:25 PM   #18
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

I too was searching for a GMPP policy for my wife's Trailblazer. It's loaded with electronics and I don't want to get stuck with a bill for something like auto temp failure. I know some of that stuff will cost a grand or better. I found that you cannot purchase a GMPP policy from GM online if you are from Florida. I found a dealer up north, Black Pontiac/Buick I believe, they sell GMPP to anyone for $400.00 under retail. It would still be like $1900.00 for a 36/36 $50.00 deductible, so I checked a local credit union. Got a company called Members Choice that offers a "Platinum" policy that list items that are NOT covered (it's a short list). $0.00 deductible 60 month/60,000 mile policy cost us about $1400.00. Worth looking into. I asked the Chevy service manager how they rated and he told me it is a good policy. (Not trying to plug for this company, just good price)
85vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2007, 02:15 AM   #19
Rich Z

Well, I bought the C6 out of state (MacMulkin in New Hampshire) and he offered me one hell of a sweet deal on GMPP. He does this for customers buying cars from him. $100 OVER cost! So an 84 month 56K mile $0 deductible policy would cost me only $1300. This is the Major Guard GMPP.

But I'm not sure exactly how this works. Does that 84 month plan START on the day I purchase it (I believe I have to buy it within the first 12 months/12K miles of ownership at that price), or does it begin after the warranty expires? I've gotten conflicting stories about how this works. Some say it is best to get it before the end of the first year, and others say to wait until right before the three year warranty expires. The difference may be between getting 84 months of coverage opposed to getting 120 months coverage. I think.......... Maybe the 84 month plan isn't even offered once the first year expires...... In any event I do plan on getting the extended warranty. WAY too many electronic doohickies on these new cars to NOT do that. One intermittent electrical problem could eat you alive on time and materials.......
Unread 04-08-2007, 11:13 AM   #20
Melsy

Name :
Melsy has disabled reputation

I have the GMPP on my '03 Z06 and purchased it just before the car went out of warranty. Have used it once with no problems--and obviously it is in the GM computer database.
Melsy is offline   Reply With Quote