The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 07-04-2008, 06:20 PM   #11
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

While that is certainly true, there could be a substantial difference in the penalties between doing 100 mph in a 70 and doing 100mph in a 55.

It's just a goofy statistic to play with when they talk about lowering the speed limit to save gasoline or save lives, or whatever. How many lives or gallons of gasoline would be saved if no one could drive at all?
Unread 07-04-2008, 06:29 PM   #12
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

No matter what i'll go with the flow of traffic.Hopefully they will all be speeders.
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2008, 06:40 PM   #13
fletcher4u

Name : Bob Fletcher
fletcher4u has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vett boy View Post
Congress is considering going back to the 55mph max speed limit.
I CAN'T DRIVE 55
fletcher4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2008, 06:46 PM   #14
jfcupolo

Name :
jfcupolo is on a distinguished road
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletcher4u View Post
I CAN'T DRIVE 55
Me either. I'd be quite a hypocrite if I said I could. I think I spend as much time thinking in terms of not being caught as I do enjoying the feel of the need for speed on my bike or the Vette. I don't mean to disrespect the law enforcement folks here on the forum but I find I like what I like.
Pinellas Park, Florida 33782

www.jcupolo.com
jcupolo@tampabay.rr.com
727-388-4345 = Home
813-486-7556 = Cell
jfcupolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2008, 08:59 PM   #15
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfcupolo View Post
Me either. I'd be quite a hypocrite if I said I could. I think I spend as much time thinking in terms of not being caught as I do enjoying the feel of the need for speed on my bike or the Vette. I don't mean to disrespect the law enforcement folks here on the forum but I find I like what I like.
Well said.
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2008, 10:35 PM   #16
navy2kcoupe
!ereH nI depparT m'I pleH

Location: 25 miles south of Boston, MA. Also have a house in Dunedin FL.
Name : Andy Anderson
navy2kcoupe has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletcher4u View Post
I CAN'T DRIVE 55
Sure you can..........just keep it in SECOND!
Andy
VIETNAM VETERANS CORVETTE CLUB - FOUNDING MEMBER #1
https://sites.google.com/site/vietna...scorvetteclub/
navy2kcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2008, 09:13 AM   #17
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

I would hope that the public, SEMA and some others would get involved in the debate this time and set these knuckleheads straight!

Once the facts are made evident, that the move will not save fuel, and since the statistical data relative to saving lives turned out to be BS, I'd think they'd have no chioce but to turn down the suggestion or face serious consequences at the polls from thier constituents.

At least I hope....
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2008, 01:35 PM   #18
Guro305
Heathen

Name :
Guro305 is on a distinguished road

I've tried this experiment over the last few days and it's all B.S. Between 55-75 the inst. mpg did not really change at all.

On the upside of the interstate it would go down significantly to anywhere between 22-18mpg. On the downside it would go up anywhere from 32-38mpg. On the straight away it would stay roughly around 26-28mpg. Again, this was done at 55mpg, 60mpg, 65mpg, 70mpg, 75mpg. Nothing changed between all speeds. Like 85vette said, with todays trannies it's not really that beneficial.

Rich is right. You want to save money? How about repealing the sixty plus cents a gallon that we pay now. That would surely save money!
It's all just a ploy to make more money handing out tickets.

-C5 Chevy Corvette - Torch Red
-Gen 3 Pontiac Trans Am - Pearl Black
-B14 Nissan Sentra GXE - Pearl Black
Guro305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2008, 10:39 PM   #19
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfcupolo View Post

I guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Lloyd Bridges, "Airplane".

I heard today that Sen. Dirkin, wants to spend 17 Million(?) on a Congressional Inquery to the "benefits" of "reducing" the national speed limit. We need to contact our elected officials and voice our opinion on this matter.

The problem with todays gas prices is not the because the American motorist is wasting millions of gallons of fuel by driving at a comfortable speed on the highway, more so by the sitting in traffic at "0" mpg.

Do not allow politicians to focus and penalize us taxpayers for a failed plan to secure and provide a stable economic commodity. It has been over 30 years since the last commercial refinery was built, mostly due to government subsidies, but the environmental goofies have a hand in this as well.

Today there are millions of acres of land held by the Oil Companies. If they didn't think there was money to be made then why hold the land leases.

We need to rethink America. While the oil and gas was cheap coming from poverty stricken third world countries, those countries are still poverty stricken, but they certianly are not third world. They control the economies of nearly all the governments today.

We need a plan to make the U.S. independent of foriegn commodities. Energy, Food, Clothing, all of these are imported far beyond anything we produce here.

"Made in America" used to mean something.

In one generation, from my father to me, we have degraded from the worlds largest exporter to the worlds largest importer, from power to pleading.

We would not need a multi-trillion national health care plan of we put people back to work, if we started producing instead of importing.

Oh Crap, this was about speed limits...

Don't get me started.
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2008, 02:48 AM   #20
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

You do have to wonder if giving China the Panama Canal was a necessity to keep them from calling their debt due...........

It's bad enough seeing all the merchandize in this country labeled as "Made in China". But it's going to be even sadder when the USA in total will bear the label "Owned by China".