The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 10-24-2008, 03:30 AM   #11
dvdcta

Name :
dvdcta has disabled reputation
Default Suzuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres712 View Post
Got a tempting flyer from our local Suzuki dealer and with nothing better to do this afternoon, thought we would go in and see what they had to offer. We thought, what the heck if the price is right we would do our part to help "stimulate" the economy. First of all we were welcomed with a "greeter", not really a salesman but someone just to show you around and to MAKE SURE YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT BEING THERE!!! Here we are a married couple, in our 60's, a clear title to an '04 Tracker, and obviously buyers. For almost an hour we were questioned, prodded and poked while he walked us around. We flat told him what we were interested in and would he please get an estimate on our trade-in so we could see if we were even in the ballpark. After almost two hours we were sat down to see what we wanted to buy. We told this jerk at the get go what we wanted but nobody seemed to listen. Finally when we told him to stuff it, he introduced us to "Mr. Ed", not the horse but almost as useful. Now he starts the same song and dance as the greeter. He got the GM and they finally went out to look at our Tracker. "What a clean car" and they finally put pen to paper. According to my figures we were only $4,000 apart! They wanted $16,800 and wanted to give us $7.700 for the Tracker which is about $500 over book but I thought they could do better. We all parted our ways. Over 3 hours after we walked in, we walked out. I've been around the car business, as most of us have, and isn't the first item of business to get an estimate on your used car to see where one stands at the outset? All during those three hours I kept asking that very question....why hasn't anyone looked at our trade in? So guess what, they can keep their car and I'll keep my money. Yep, the economy must be doing great!
Sounds! like ya waisted 3 hrs. in my book????

Last edited by dvdcta; 10-24-2008 at 08:26 AM.
dvdcta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2008, 09:50 AM   #12
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

I find it interesting that someone can't go to a dealership and just buy a car without the crap from the sales people. And they wonder why we don't trust them.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2008, 05:50 PM   #13
dvdcta

Name :
dvdcta has disabled reputation
Default great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guro305 View Post
I totally agree! I prefer the old fashion way of doing shady deals in back alleys.
I personally liked this one the best!! When I bought my vette I was looking for a P/U! saw this vette & had to have it! got a ride cause I live in naples & the vette is in ft. myers. so we proceed to go all the bull & settle on a price I paid for it get in it & had to borrow 20 bucks! to put gas in it! the cheap A** didn't put any gas in it!!!!! sales people suck!!!
dvdcta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2008, 12:13 PM   #14
LS2POWA
Team Afterhours Member

Name : Corey Metz
LS2POWA is on a distinguished road

Heh, I had two problems yesterday. Im currently driving a 00 Lincoln Ls V8 loaded. Its not what I need, so Ive been in the market looking for a Expedition(my dads 98 is just shy of 500k miles on stock motor/tranny..and its seen some nasty towing and lots of hunting/offroading trips).

Went to one mom an pop which I drove an hour to in Tampa. 02 Eddie Bauer, loaded. Autotrader marked as 5950, I get there and there it is sitting for 7950. I already did the carfax on it, hes had it since Aug. 16th 08. I go look at it then go into the office and ask for the key to turn it on and hear it run. Battery was completely shot, so shot that even after being jumped and running for 15min, turned it off it wouldnt start again. Sales guy tells me you buy now I replace battery myself. Only other complaint was i could hear loose piece of tin up in the sunroof well, when you slide the shade back to expose the glass. For a big arse SUV, that 5.4 can surely move that truck pretty quick. So he tells me 6300 out the door cash price, then I hit him with the trade option...he wasnt to happy. He turns my car on, revs it a couple times gets out and asked if the car had been painted. Told him the front corner panel and roof portion were blended cause of sun spots(keep in mind the Expo had some key marks in the rear but I didnt care.). Without looking at KBB, he says 2500 and thats KBB number. I look at him and smile, and break out the handy iPhone and go to KBB...his smile went to a look of "oh crap". On KBB my car listed in fair condition for 3500, he then proceeds to tell me you cant always go by KBB(I look up the Expo and well he goes by KBB), then he gives me crap about how low he has the Expo priced and that everyone is buying them now cause gas is down, and how hes sold four or five in the past few weeks. So now I bring up the carfax note of why do you still have this going on almost 3 mths, he told me he had some other business to attend to and had his brother come talk to me, I just got in my car and left.

After a drive home, I saw another one local this time. 97 with 130k miles priced at 6995. I open the hood, cobwebs galore(it was def prepped for halloween). This truck started without a jump but it idled and sounded like crap. Opened the sunroof and the sound was damn near close to nails on a chalkboard. Do a quick walk around more cobwebs from the tires to the ground, tires to the bumper and step rails. I go into the office, and asked the lady behind the desk what her bottom dollar price is out the door(without a trade). She asked me the price on the Expo , told her what she had marked on. She then goes into well we just put those numbers up there to attract people, and you know since we can save you 700-800 off dealer fees..I stopped her there and asked what 700-800 in dealer fees, considering I bought my new car(didnt let her know it was a vette) at a dealer and I paid 300 in dealer fees which included new tires(runcraps but hey new 1700$ tires for 100 bucks )). She stumbled and moved on, and said well out the door I can prolly take 100 bucks off. Without hesitation(and fed up with car lots) I told her well looks like its gonna collect more cobwebs then.

I kinda thought with the gas crunch right now(knowing gas will go up after elections) people would be trying to offload these big gas guzzlers, instead theyd rather hold on to them. Im only asking them to bend not break on the price, but w/e guess someone else will get my money once I find someone to give it to.