The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 12-20-2007, 10:49 AM   #21
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

In general, CarMax has always done right by me and the family when going in for service work/repairs. A couple of minor little glitches but with the right person it was easy to work out

Lets see how this pans out for you? I wish you well and please keep us informed
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2007, 07:48 PM   #22
Captain Awesome

Name :
Captain Awesome is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS2POWA View Post
When i get the car back friday, ill take before pics, then after pics. they assured me and i have it in writing, itll look exactly like a factory rolled out car again so.
Depending on what color you have, there is alot of work that goes into fixin a scratch on a vette and making it look like nothing ever happen! if you have to pain something on your car, you have to paint the whole section, you just cant spray the spot that needs repair, trust me. Our body ship here is one of the best and they redo vettes all the time. they take off the whole panel (which ever may need to be painted) and spray the whole thing in the booth. they dont just tape off and paint the scratch.. I would make sure they do it right,.. (just my .02) Its almost impossible to blend it on a vette.. you can do it, but its not going to be a day..
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2007, 08:56 PM   #23
gmjunkie
Corvette,GM Classic Freak

Name : I'm Not Post'n in BOI
gmjunkie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Depending on what color you have, there is alot of work that goes into fixin a scratch on a vette and making it look like nothing ever happen! if you have to pain something on your car, you have to paint the whole section, you just cant spray the spot that needs repair, trust me. Our body ship here is one of the best and they redo vettes all the time. they take off the whole panel (which ever may need to be painted) and spray the whole thing in the booth. they dont just tape off and paint the scratch.. I would make sure they do it right,.. (just my .02) Its almost impossible to blend it on a vette.. you can do it, but its not going to be a day..
Yep, theres a Big Difference in doing it right,Or right Now!! Some of these colors are 2 stage,some 3 stage!! Some aren't!!Some are just hard to match and takes a Craftsman with a good eye to make it look like it's never been touched!! Billy Mack that lives by the tracks with his mobile paint and ding service can make it look good for a while,but 3 months later it will look like Fido's A$$!!! I can spot them and you won't know I've been there tomorrow or 2 years down the road,but it takes time to let things cure so there is no shrinkage!!! The clear needs to cure at least 12 hours before you buff it,I like to let them set at least 24-48 hr's!!I'm like Zenith Quality go's in before my name go's on!!
Unread 12-21-2007, 07:07 AM   #24
sandman

Name :
sandman is on a distinguished road
Default Ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary S View Post
That really sucks. I have never activated onstar on my new vette. May be I should.
Shoot, Gary I need onstar and an armed guard 24 / 7 around my car. Turn that puppy on.

SM

Last edited by sandman; 12-21-2007 at 07:22 AM. Reason: comma
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2007, 07:14 AM   #25
sandman

Name :
sandman is on a distinguished road
Talking ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
You might want to hold off on the "dumb ass blonde" comments...some of them will smack you down in the blink of thier tiny little eyelid.....right Raschelle?

Watch the rice burners too my friend. Some of them can be pretty wicked now days

Glad you got your car, problems and all it still has to feel good
Ya what hes said. And yup watch out for my rice burner on the road. That is when thieves aren't driving it around.

SM
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote