The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Events and Happenings

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Events and Happenings Shows | Cruises | Parties | Swap Meets

Unread 12-01-2009, 05:04 PM   #31
gmjunkie
Corvette,GM Classic Freak

Name : I'm Not Post'n in BOI
gmjunkie is on a distinguished road

I'll be staying here at the Ranch!! I can make it to the dragon in about an hour!!
Vett Boy,you can use the Still House as long as you keep the fire going under it!!
Unread 12-01-2009, 06:11 PM   #32
hoponahog@yahoo.com
Steel Man FRC

Name :
hoponahog@yahoo.com has disabled reputation

What about "Fontana Village Resort"? Please take a look . I think it might be to early to make reservations for the group as we have no idea whos commited fully at this time. Not like me and me are looking at a lodge style setting. We will make our reservations in the next two weeks. Most likely at the Fontana Village Resort.

It seems like there may be two groups from florida. A mid week group and a Fri~Sun group. We will not all agree on where to lay our heads at night and thats not a problem. Freedom of choice is what this all about. WE could call this the FREEDOM RALLY.....If you guys want we can start making a whos going list.
hoponahog@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2009, 07:16 PM   #33
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoponahog@yahoo.com View Post
What about "Fontana Village Resort"? Please take a look . I think it might be to early to make reservations for the group as we have no idea whos commited fully at this time. Not like me and me are looking at a lodge style setting. We will make our reservations in the next two weeks. Most likely at the Fontana Village Resort.

It seems like there may be two groups from florida. A mid week group and a Fri~Sun group. We will not all agree on where to lay our heads at night and thats not a problem. Freedom of choice is what this all about. WE could call this the FREEDOM RALLY.....If you guys want we can start making a whos going list.
We stayed there at first but found that food was an issue .We ended up cooking in one of the cabins .There is a resraunt on site but the prices we're high and the food wasn't any too good .That all may have changed in the last five years.I always use a site called" Trip Advisor"

As Junkie says I have to tend the Still over the mountain.
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2009, 07:27 PM   #34
Pres712
Pres712

Name : Jim Hildebrand
Pres712 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoponahog@yahoo.com View Post

I went to their site and the weekend being proposed is on their schedule as "Mini's at the Dragon". A yearly gathering of Mini Cooper's? Will this be a problem?
Pres712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2009, 07:28 PM   #35
hoponahog@yahoo.com
Steel Man FRC

Name :

A couple a healthy swigs a that "Mountain Dew" n it wont matter where I sleep.
Unread 12-01-2009, 07:40 PM   #36
hoponahog@yahoo.com
Steel Man FRC

Name :

Personal experience is important for sure. Is there anything around with a little character/rustic/woodsy ? Trying to avoid the bed in the box deal. Food close by is going to be important to some for sure.
Unread 12-01-2009, 08:11 PM   #37
GETSUM

Name :
GETSUM has disabled reputation
Default Im with you bro

Hey vernon lets talk about where we will stay this weekend and lock it down in the next couple weeks. Im with you bro lets find something decent and we can pick a rondevous point for breakfast to meet everyone in the mornings to start the RUN
Unread 12-01-2009, 08:14 PM   #38
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres712 View Post
I went to their site and the weekend being proposed is on their schedule as "Mini's at the Dragon". A yearly gathering of Mini Cooper's? Will this be a problem?
They must have just signed in .Anyway we ran the same weekend as the mini's and it wasn't an issue.Most people won't want to run the dragon more than a few times and then off to other scenic runs.One thing that does happen on the dragon is that the passenger unless medicated will get car sick.

The runs start off at moderate speeds till you actually realize your on the dragon.The pace picks up after about a mile and the turns get tighter and tighter.Before your out of one turn your in another ,the dragon is one big turn.Imagine driving out of your drive way and taking a right turn onto the street at 45 mph .After about four miles it all comes to a halt when a passenger needs a puke stop.So a couple runs a day turns out to be a lot.
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2009, 08:50 PM   #39
hoponahog@yahoo.com
Steel Man FRC

Name :

1st
Minis on the run. Wont be a problem as long as they stay out of our way!!! And Vette boy says don't worry so that's good enough for me.And what the heck we gotta pick a weekend. So Let them worry about us.
2nd
Our goal is to get as many Vetts as humanly possible to caravan up to the Dragon from Florida......
3rd
Once there Enjoy yourself in what ever manner you see fit. I suggest we listen to the experienced travellers on this.
4th
Keep the Ideas coming Please.
Unread 12-01-2009, 08:53 PM   #40
hoponahog@yahoo.com
Steel Man FRC

Name :

Got the msg Getsum. I keep calln ya not like me. Looks like bad weather brewing for this weekend bro. Call when ya get a chance would ya.