The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 12-22-2009, 09:31 PM   #61
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Dave,

Just to be fair, I went back and reviewed all pages of the thread (Fatbums welcome thread that went south).

He made his complaint, stated his opinion, gave some details and let it go.

When you countered, he did what he does best...became defensive

After that, there were a few more back and forth posts between you and he, then Rich moved it to the BOI.

Sounds pretty status quo to me

Unfortunately, in this one, he started out badmouthing a shop but giving essentially no details

Had to get that straightened out before we could move forward.

Either way, it looks (God I hope!) like the 2 of them may have reached some agreement and things will get worked out?

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2009, 09:47 PM   #62
gsdave
engineer

Name :
gsdave is on a distinguished road

Well, to be honest, I just gave up on the other thread because I've read FB's posts before and no one seemed to care that he was bashing a good shop. From my understanding his only complaint to the other shop was that it didn't make enough power for what he believed it should. I am confident that if FB had discovered the things in the photos that XTREME posted in FB's intro thread and brought them to Brad's attention, he would have offered to fix them. Brad has a car that is faster and built as well or better than probably anything on this site, so I know the quality of work he does.

Just as much as it bothers loyal customers of XTREME, it bothers me to hear another shop unfairly bashed. That's all I'm trying to say.
gsdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2009, 07:04 AM   #63
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsdave View Post
Well, to be honest, I just gave up on the other thread because I've read FB's posts before and no one seemed to care that he was bashing a good shop. From my understanding his only complaint to the other shop was that it didn't make enough power for what he believed it should. I am confident that if FB had discovered the things in the photos that XTREME posted in FB's intro thread and brought them to Brad's attention, he would have offered to fix them. Brad has a car that is faster and built as well or better than probably anything on this site, so I know the quality of work he does.

Just as much as it bothers loyal customers of XTREME, it bothers me to hear another shop unfairly bashed. That's all I'm trying to say.
I understand and it's all good. We all have a natural tendency to support and defend friends and businesses/people we're satisfied with.

My position here is to try to remain neutral, make sure that things stay civil, and that facts more than feelings, are brought to light.

I'm not a loyal customer of XTREME, I don't know Chris personally and have never had my car(s) at his shop (I'm in Tampa and he's not).
I've spoken with him once or twice on the phone and that's all. Seems like a decent guy whose trying to do the right thing.

I've never heard of XXXmotorsports or whomever the other shop was that was referenced, so I have no basis for an opinion.

You may be 100% correct regarding your friends shop. He may have made them right if brought to his attention. Unfortunately, we'll never know for sure since that didn't happen on FB's part.

Since the complaint was "relatively" informative and there was limited discussion over the matter which would sent the thread off topic, I let it go.

I don't really think that no one "cared." I think it was more a matter or no one knew.

To further clarify.

If I had to venture a "guess" as to why "no one seemed to care" about the complaint relative to the other shop, my "guess" would be that not that like myself, not that many people know who they are.

As mentioned, I've never heard of them good or bad. Since there doesn't seem to be a lot of people on here from that area of the state, and as far as I know, they're not a site sponsor (do they even post here?), thier relative obcurity is understandable. As such, there's no one to defend them other than youself and no one who knows thier capabilities and reliability.

Feel free to bring them on board as well as other vette owners and enthusiasts in your area to support them

Remember:

Unread 12-23-2009, 05:09 PM   #64
Fatbum
My car got Xtremely F'd

Name : Daniel Halpin
Fatbum has disabled reputation

As i stated before, maybe elsewhere, i did give them the opportunity to fix my car, i told john at xxx that something was wrong and he blatantly denied it and told me to get over it. John and brad are two seperate people and worked two different sides Of that shop, brad works Ford. I havent recieved a dime from either john or brad for the costs of the repairs. John no longer works there and brad told me in an email it was because brad was tired of dealing with issues like these with john. He later denies that on an open for however, but i have the emails.

Chris promised he would get back to me yesterday and didnt (this is one of the reoccuring issues). He is supposed to be working on my car next week but no dates.

He didnt respond back today either when i messaged him.

Another thing, someone mentioned deaths in chris' family well, chris NEVER told me any of that was goin on, so i was i supposed to be underatanding to that. He never once mentioned it to me, dont you think if things were going to be delayed that you should let your customer know?
Fatbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2009, 05:15 PM   #65
Fatbum
My car got Xtremely F'd

It wasnt unfair to bash xxx, the pictures are there that show the outrageous install work, there have been other local GTO guys who have had their cars tuned like garbage and transmissions get jackes up by taking their cars to John and again THIS is why he doesnt work there anymore.

If i had a ford i would let brad work on it, he even changed the name of the shop.
Unread 12-23-2009, 05:22 PM   #66
gsdave
engineer

Name :
gsdave is on a distinguished road

Well, as I said before, all the things you have had happen are the reasons I do my own mechanical work. They're the reasons I decided to do my own tuning as well. If something breaks, I only have myself to blame. Oddly enough, nothing has ever broken after I've modified it.

I really feel bad that you've had such problems with your car and hope the issues finally get resolved.
'70 LeMans Sport
gsdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2009, 08:11 PM   #67
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Well, as I said before, all the things you have had happen are the reasons I do my own mechanical work. They're the reasons I decided to do my own tuning as well. If something breaks, I only have myself to blame. Oddly enough, nothing has ever broken after I've modified it.

I really feel bad that you've had such problems with your car and hope the issues finally get resolved.
You know brother, you're right

I wish I had the:

-Tools
-skillz
-Place

to work on my own cars! I'd do it. I'd take them to a shop in an emergency or if i was totally, 100% convinced that they could do the job (and i didn't want to tackle it!)

Gregg of Anti-Venom and Andreh Alito of Insty Tune are on my short list of go to types in the area

Remember:

Unread 12-23-2009, 08:14 PM   #68
Shadow

Name :

Dan,

Just as a suggestion and to keep things clean and straight here, if you want to complain about another shop, please start another thread and leave them out of this one.

If everyone will adhere to this, it will make this whole Charlie Foxtrot MUCH easier to follow.

Remember:

Unread 12-24-2009, 02:30 AM   #69
Fatbum
My car got Xtremely F'd

Quote:

I've never seemed to botch anything up myself either, I think it has to do with the amount of complaceny that you don't have when you work on your own car, and that it increases your own attention to detail.

I hope so as well, and in another catastrophy that is my life, I had to go to the ER today for spraining my ankle, so that's another thing on my long list of ailments.
Unread 12-25-2009, 09:47 AM   #70
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

OUCH! What a read. Think i will stick with Greg at Antivenom. Just tooooo many shop horror stories.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote