• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

battery question

this sounds pretty stupid and im somewhat embarrased to post this but here it goes. i recently (2-3 months ago) replaced my factory battery (2000 c5) with a duralast gold. did not have the money for an optima, but the duralast gold wasnt cheap either. this weekend and again this morning car would not start. just did the single click. voltage is just under 13. checked with power dc power tester and the car gauge. i waited a few minutes and it started up just fine. did it again this morning but didnt bother with i, needed to get to work. any suggestions? alternator out put is fine as well

this sounds pretty stupid and im somewhat embarrased to post this but here it goes. i recently (2-3 months ago) replaced my factory battery (2000 c5) with a duralast gold. did not have the money for an optima, but the duralast gold wasnt cheap either. this weekend and again this morning car would not start. just did the single click. voltage is just under 13. checked with power dc power tester and the car gauge. i waited a few minutes and it started up just fine. did it again this morning but didnt bother with i, needed to get to work. any suggestions? alternator out put is fine as well
Check your Battery Cables and Grounds!!:thumbsup:There is no such thing as a stupid ??? if you don't know!!:thumbsup:

Yeah, I had a similar problem a while back that turned out being a corroded or loose cable on the starter.

:banghead:Time to clean all connectors and replace your cables . Have your battery tested first, they can go bad anytime dont matter how expensive they are.:banghead:

thanks qman, ive got ramps, jacks and stands. that is where i was going to start when i got a chance to get under the car the connections to the starter. they looked pretty good when we finished the header install but woudnt hurt to check them again after riding around for a while. out of curiousity what can they check other then voltage and voltage retention?
car started this morning but it was in the mid 11s. it had been sitting since sat. though. once cranked up at was running at 13.5 v.

electrical

take it to square deal battery on florida ave. and ohio st. they will ck your charging system for free and no waiting.

lol, the old ball and chain and i will be around if we dont go check out indiana jones. tried to call around lunch but i busy. i can check the charging system when i get home. hopefully can leave the duct tape on my formula for now and keep it off the vette. they make white duct tape though right?

alternator took a HUGE sh!t just now. voltage was fine for the last few days. this afternoon at idle went from 13.5 to 8.6 in less then an hour. service abs, service traction control, low voltage warnings. will call my parts guy and keep everyone posted of the raping i will soon be enjoying. suppose cant complain compared to the maintanence tab im used to from my f-body days. it would be nice to get my stimulus check NOW.

Yes white duct tape, they even make red now:yesnod: Im trying to convince greg that i dont need new paint on the hawk, just duct tape! Thanks for bringing the ol ball and chain/my partner in crime over

c5
$296.00 plus shipping from

c6
250.00 plus shipping

both new ac-delco

Jason Cromer
1-877-726-8295
gmparts@samtaylor.com

but they have to order it and it will be a few days.

last night was fun. babes pizza was awesome
in brandon if anyone in brandon hasnt tried it, worth checking out

Last edited:
Back