The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 01-07-2011, 06:19 PM   #1
Devilman02

Name :
Devilman02 has disabled reputation
Default Broke South Florida Grad Student Seeks Light-Mechanic Help

Hi Everyone,
I’m facing a few small mechanical issues that I can’t perform myself because I currently don’t have the space to work on my car (public parking garage). I refuse to take it to a dealer (been ripped off way too many times) and I don’t trust most people at TiresPlus or other small chain lube shops. I have basic tools but not a lift or jackstands. I want to do these projects myself because I know I’ll do it right and with care.

I want to make a few friends who are willing to help me with some small maintenance work and in return I’d be happy to help with their projects (installing headers, brakes, computer issues, or other house-hold projects) or pay a reasonable price. I love to work on cars; I just don’t have the space or means to do it.

My projects include:
-Replacing the oil pressure sensor (and/or installing the relocation kit)
-Re-torquing/tightening the oilpan bolts
-Removing my ABS/Traction Control/Active handling unit and sending it off for repair
-Installing a set of aftermarket brakes (low priority)
-Painting calipars red (low priority)

So far I’ve successfully installed a Vararam intake, ported/polished throttle body, custom interior pieces, after market shifters, and other small odds and ends.

I’m in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area but would be willing to drive 50 – 60 square miles to someone who shares an interest in wrenching.

Can anyone please help me out?
Devilman02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2011, 01:47 PM   #2
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilman02 View Post
My projects include:

-Removing my ABS/Traction Control/Active handling unit and sending it off for repair
Been there, done that and it's an easy removal but I want to make sure you know it may not be repairable. You're thinking the problem is in the switch and can be repaired for $150 but it could be a leak between the computer portion and the brake fluid. If you've got an internal leak you're screwed.

I don't know if you can buy a rebuilt unit or not.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2011, 09:20 PM   #3
Riceman

Name : Velocity Yellow ZO6
Riceman has disabled reputation

Module Master can rebuild it for 150 with a 5 year warranty.
Riceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2011, 09:56 PM   #4
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riceman View Post
Module Master can rebuild it for 150 with a 5 year warranty.
I looked at the link you provided and they say ABS unit and indicate they solder it. I'm sure they're talking about the switch which I said would be about $159 to repair. What I'm saying is that he may need the EBCM unit replaced. That controls ABS, Traction Control and the suspension. Mine leaked and the entire unit had to be replaced. $4000.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote