• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Spark Plugs

vettebob2

Hello,
I have a 99 with only 32K miles on it. The spark plugs have never been replaced. Should they? It's been 8 years. It runs fine but am curious

I know they say the plugs are good for 100K miles, but I want to change mine regularly anyway. Just habit, I guess.....

If you do, make sure you have a new set of plug wires handy. It's not at all unusual for the wire to come apart when you pull it from the plug.

vettebob2 said:
Hello,
I have a 99 with only 32K miles on it. The spark plugs have never been replaced. Should they? It's been 8 years. It runs fine but am curious
Don't wast your $$! Plugs don't go bad from age,they go bad from ware!!There is no reason with todays computer controlled Engines that you cant get at least 60,000 miles out of them!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back