The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Legal Issues

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Legal Issues Traffic tickets | Laws | Pending Legislation

Unread 12-28-2008, 01:14 PM   #11
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

I forgot to mention, the judge's husband is a State Trooper also. Also, I just read an article the other day where the FHP's budget to buy new cars was cut by 1.5 million dollars. I'm sure they have been given instructions.
85vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2008, 01:23 PM   #12
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
I forgot to mention, the judge's husband is a State Trooper also. Also, I just read an article the other day where the FHP's budget to buy new cars was cut by 1.5 million dollars. I'm sure they have been given instructions.
Interesting.....

Well, with Florida hurting because of reduced tourism, having state troopers out there aggressively shaking down drivers is going to certainly help that aspect of the state budget as well.

So in the long run the state troopers getting more aggressive to make up their budget shortfall is going to be better for the overall financial health of the entire state? Sounds like a perfect example of being penny wise and dollar foolish to me.....
Unread 12-28-2008, 02:20 PM   #13
xtrememotorsports

Name :
xtrememotorsports is on a distinguished road
Default So Sorry

Dang man that sucks to have gone that long without one and then bang the streak is over.

I am curious how did the car drive on your long trip.I hope the car wasn't too stiff for such a long ride
xtrememotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2008, 06:26 PM   #14
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Yeah, but if I were to succeed in making the trooper look like a fool in court, do you think that would be very wise of me in the long term? That's all I would need is to have some cop with an attitude out to get even with me for embarrassing him..... And you know that is exactly what would happen in such a case.
Rich,

Based upon what 85 just said, I'd 86 the idea of court and just do the damend driving school on line!

It's cheaper and time is money. Beside, I would certainly have better things to do with my 2-4 hours than go to that circus

Just remember it when election time rolls around when Charlies seat is up for grabs

As for the trooper looking for you, I wouldn't sweat that. I've not saying that it couldn't happen, but more than likely it wouldn't. Beside, if he did start, you might have a case for harrassment or "selective enforcement."

However, if you've modded your ride "outside the statutes", there's nothing that says he can't start looking and take his time doing so. And I wouldn't expect any leeway if he happens to stop you again.

....although....if you stay clear of Dunkin Donuts you'll probably be ok..

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2008, 07:42 PM   #15
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

Sorry about the ticket .I have a different outlook on the few tickets i've obtained.It's what i've gotten away with and not got caught that counts.
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2008, 08:51 PM   #16
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Rich,

Based upon what 85 just said, I'd 86 the idea of court and just do the damend driving school on line!

It's cheaper and time is money. Beside, I would certainly have better things to do with my 2-4 hours than go to that circus

Just remember it when election time rolls around when Charlies seat is up for grabs

As for the trooper looking for you, I wouldn't sweat that. I've not saying that it couldn't happen, but more than likely it wouldn't. Beside, if he did start, you might have a case for harrassment or "selective enforcement."

However, if you've modded your ride "outside the statutes", there's nothing that says he can't start looking and take his time doing so. And I wouldn't expect any leeway if he happens to stop you again.

....although....if you stay clear of Dunkin Donuts you'll probably be ok..
I really don't think this would be an issue up here, but if it were to be, Rich's Vette sticks out like nothing else on the road....especially with the "Corvette Florida" banner on the windshield! He would definatly be a marked man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vett boy View Post
Sorry about the ticket .I have a different outlook on the few tickets i've obtained.It's what i've gotten away with and not got caught that counts.

I must agree with you on that...I think we've all been there.

85vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2008, 09:24 AM   #17
VetteHeadz

Name :
VetteHeadz is on a distinguished road

Rich,

For what it's worth, that same Trooper stopped me in that area a few weeks ago! I was in my Dodge truck and I know how fast I was going and it wasn't more than 5 MPH over limit. He let me off with a warning saying "I wasn't what he was looking for". Good thing I wasn't in the Vette!

BTW, I drove to Tampa and back yesterday for the Buc's game and saw at least 30 FHP and 10-15 cars pulled on 75 and 10. It was crazy! I have never seen that much law enforcement running speed traps in my life. I stayed under the limit most of the way cause the night sky was lit up blue around a lot of curves and hill bottoms.

Padding the state coffers for sure right now.
Unread 12-29-2008, 11:36 AM   #18
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrememotorsports View Post
Dang man that sucks to have gone that long without one and then bang the streak is over.

I am curious how did the car drive on your long trip.I hope the car wasn't too stiff for such a long ride
Chris,

Actually the ride seemed SOFTER then with my stock shocks. I've noticed this even on the dirt road I live on. With the old shocks it used to rattle my teeth driving down it. Now the bumps have been smoothed out quite a bit. Changing lanes is like snapping a whip with the new sway bars, though. But I do feel a bit of wobbiliness (is that a word?) in the car when changing lanes. Hard to explain.....

I think we could go up a notch on stiffness without going overboard.
Unread 12-29-2008, 11:40 AM   #19
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteHeadz View Post
Rich,

For what it's worth, that same Trooper stopped me in that area a few weeks ago! I was in my Dodge truck and I know how fast I was going and it wasn't more than 5 MPH over limit. He let me off with a warning saying "I wasn't what he was looking for". Good thing I wasn't in the Vette!

BTW, I drove to Tampa and back yesterday for the Buc's game and saw at least 30 FHP and 10-15 cars pulled on 75 and 10. It was crazy! I have never seen that much law enforcement running speed traps in my life. I stayed under the limit most of the way cause the night sky was lit up blue around a lot of curves and hill bottoms.

Padding the state coffers for sure right now.
Yeah, no doubt. At the expense of pissing off a lot of people in the process.

Pulling someone over for 5 over is assinine. I wonder just what the hell he WAS looking for that he couldn't see before you were pulled over?
Unread 12-29-2008, 10:22 PM   #20
xtrememotorsports

Name :
xtrememotorsports is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Chris,

Actually the ride seemed SOFTER then with my stock shocks. I've noticed this even on the dirt road I live on. With the old shocks it used to rattle my teeth driving down it. Now the bumps have been smoothed out quite a bit. Changing lanes is like snapping a whip with the new sway bars, though. But I do feel a bit of wobbiliness (is that a word?) in the car when changing lanes. Hard to explain.....

I think we could go up a notch on stiffness without going overboard.

That has more to do with the alignment than the shocks and sway bars,lowering the car a little and doing a realignment will help that,it will never completly go away.I bet it rides better because of the busted shock we removed.
xtrememotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote