• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Dusting techniques?

thebeepster

truth seeker
OK Backyard Mechanic and all other detail guys please step in.... I seek your advice on the best way to remove the dust when the car really doesn't need washing. Been told to throw away the Califorinia duster:shrug01:

Hello my friend:wavey:
Unless you carefully clean out that duster EVERYTIME you use it,it may trap in sand,dirt and other nasty stuff that may cause you to Scratch or even leave those ugly swirlmarks:ack2:.Always use a microfiber towel with your choice of detail spray.The detail spray will help as a lubercation.
If the car does not need a WASH,it may just may need a quick rinse to remove the road grim,This is how you will know:

When you wipe the car down with your microfiber towel and if there is ANY heavy dirt,normanlly toward the bottom of the car and rear,then it could use a quick rinse,when rinsing use a slow flow of water and take off any nozzle you may have on the hose and let the flow act like a sheet of water,that does 2 things,First it gets the bulk of the dirt off and second it makes it easier to dry.

Dry the wet area and spray with detail spray,then you should be good to go.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Again congrats on your new baby.:thumbsup:

Hey Beep..

I agree.. throw that duster away or give it to someone (you don't like) :hehehe: as a gift. That, or wash it after EVERY use.:willy_nilly:

There was a thread here a while back concerning swirls and fine scratches etc. I for one was wondering where in the hell I was getting both swirls and scratches from:mah:. Someone mentioned that the cause may be the Ca Water Blade I was using to squeegee the water off. I found out that it wasn't the blade , but the Ca Duster instead.:banghead:

Anyhow, I do like Rob said now.

Rob,

What's the word on using some detail spray on the wet surface before you dry it. I have heard that helps drying or is it just a waste of spray?

Rob,

What's the word on using some detail spray on the wet surface before you dry it. I have heard that helps drying or is it just a waste of spray?

Good question,But the truth of the matter is;
It's a complete waste of time and spray[money].
All detail spray have some water in it,some have more then others,So if you think about it you are spraying water on water.Also as you know water likes to leave spots if not remove quick enough.Try not to dry the car in the direct sunlight.
Just dry her then spray her down:thumbsup:
Proper waxing will also help her keep the water from staying on the car.

Back