The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 08-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #1
zzzona

Name :
zzzona has disabled reputation
Default Copper head snake

I had no idea a snake would do this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68TgD2avfhU
Unread 08-15-2013, 01:43 PM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

The nerves and muscles are still active for a while. Been more than one redneck who ran over or shot a rattlesnake and then got bit when trying to cut off the rattle.
Unread 08-16-2013, 12:53 PM   #3
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

That brings up an interesting question to me. Is a snakes venom poisonous to itself?
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 02:34 PM   #4
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Dalton View Post
That brings up an interesting question to me. Is a snakes venom poisonous to itself?
No normally, no. Not that I have ever heard of. But they could still suffer punctured organs because of the length of the fangs, I would imagine.
Attached Images

Unread 08-17-2013, 06:01 PM   #5
ironhorse
Road Warrior

Name :
ironhorse is on a distinguished road

Hey Rich, hope all is well...Haven't been around much...Work and all. Talk about snakes, a funny thing happened in the office last week...I came into the office like always about 8:00 am...Didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. Turned on my computer and started to work...Well about 9:15 am, one of my associates, a female came in and started creaming, yelling there's a snake, there's a snake...I started laughing, I thought she was kidding. Well, sure enough, I took a look and there it was a baby pigmy rattler...He was about 10-12 inches long. At first I thought it was a rat snake, but as I was above him and looked at the markings, I checked google , I am almost positive, a baby pigmy rattler...This little SOB was leaping at me...He was wiggling his tail violently at times...But other snakes will do that as well I was told...All the woman freaked out when they heard there was a snake...Well, I was able to get him into some tupperware, one of the girls had and got rid of him. That was about a week ago. Still to this day, when the woman come into my building,they look around on the floor first. Some even keep there feet elevated all day long when working at there desks...The comment I always receieve is "where's it's mother"...
ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 06:09 PM   #6
Rich Z

Pygmy rattlers can be pretty irascible critters most of the time. They are not shy at all about biting. Someone I know around here, when he was a kid, stopped his bike in the middle of the road to pick up what he thought was a little hognose snake. Turned out to be a pygmy and the bite put him into the hospital for a few days.

In more normal circumstances, most people get bit because they didn't see the snake and it felt threatened.

Anyway, welcome back. As I'm sure you have noticed, you aren't the only one who has gone missing from here lately.
Unread 08-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #7
ironhorse
Road Warrior

Name :
ironhorse is on a distinguished road

yeah Rich, I have noticed...Maybe the time of year?, vacations and all?...On a different note. The new C7, I just can't get used too the back...The jury is still out for me as far as the looks? I guess I will wait to see it up close, and make a judgement...But now...don't like it...
ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 06:31 PM   #8
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironhorse View Post
yeah Rich, I have noticed...Maybe the time of year?, vacations and all?...On a different note. The new C7, I just can't get used too the back...The jury is still out for me as far as the looks? I guess I will wait to see it up close, and make a judgement...But now...don't like it...
Heck, I think interest has just died back across the board here. It's been in a gradual spiral downwards for a while now. Way it goes, I guess. My other forum sites have not been as active, neither, so maybe everyone has just become Facebook junkies....

The back end of the C7 doesn't bother me. I'm sure it will grow on a lot of people. Remember how many people hated the C6 when it first came out? And probably the same reaction to the C5 when it first was introduced. Lots of people are just resistant to change, it seems. Heck, I wonder what most people's reaction was to the C3 when it first came out?