The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 08-04-2007, 08:07 AM   #1
Psychotic Avian

Name :
Psychotic Avian is on a distinguished road
Default Close call. Almost would have put my fist in the wall!

I was about to order my new Corsa exhaust system for the Valley Roadster. I was watching a set of Corsa sports on ebay for 999 bucks, brand new in the box. The auction ends in less than two days and was probably going to end up with them. I got into a deep discussion about the Corsa systems on the Valley and discovered that they recently released a brand new system out there called the Corsa Xtreme. I never heard of it until now but man it is bad ass!!!!!!!!!!! You can listen to it here. Go to this website and scroll down to get to the sounds:

Click me!!!!!

I swear if I would have ordered the sports and found out days later there was the xtreme set up I would have punched my wall so hard that my hand would have been covered in blood. Man would that have pissed me off big time!!!!!!!!!! Fortunately, I caught it in time. Thank goodness!!!!!!!!!

Psychotic Avian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2007, 08:55 AM   #2
Qman

Name :
Qman is on a distinguished road
Talking

Did you get the x pipe? how much for extremes?
Qman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2007, 09:14 AM   #3
Psychotic Avian

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qman
Did you get the x pipe? how much for extremes?
I have no plans getting the x pipe for now. It is optional and I rather not get it until I hear it without. From the folks I know who have corsas they do not have a need for the x pipe as they do not report much popping at all. You can always add it later need be.

I did some researching for pricing and I am still not finished looking. The vendors are all over the place with this one, but here is a link to my research if you are interested.

Click me!!!!!
Unread 08-04-2007, 09:50 AM   #4
Qman

Name :
Talking

Thanks, Im also shopping. I need my windows tinted, floor and cargo mats and exhaust. What do you think about getting long tube headers first, they cost more but it will be a big project out of the way.
Unread 08-04-2007, 10:11 AM   #5
Psychotic Avian

Name :

Quote:
Thanks, Im also shopping. I need my windows tinted, floor and cargo mats and exhaust. What do you think about getting long tube headers first, they cost more but it will be a big project out of the way.
Well I just bought a bunch of stuff for my ride. It is on it's way here. You can see the list here:

Click me!!!!!!!

This is so weird, I was thinking about window tinting myself on yesterday. But I wonder how good a job they can do with the convertible window glass though.

As for getting headers, my thought is to start small and work your way up rather than just going for it all at one time. It is more fun that way and you may find that you may reach your comfort level. You don't want to get stuck with an overkill. What kind of vette are you driving?

Getting the exhaust is a great start, but a definite big mod for the car. It will be like driving a different corvette with all that rumble especially if you get the xtremes. I cannot imagine what it will be like to hear them rumble with the convertible top down!!!!!!!!
Unread 08-04-2007, 11:11 AM   #6
Qman

Name :
Talking

2007 C6 coupe

click on pic.
Unread 08-04-2007, 11:23 AM   #7
Psychotic Avian

Name :

Quote:
2007 C6 coupe

click on pic.
Damn that is one sweet ride!!!!!!!

Is that a Z51 or F55????????

And if you are interested in the Corsa Extremes I hope you have the right answer to this next question!!!!!

Is your corvette a manual or automatic tranny (with or without tiptronic paddle shifters)?

Jeopardy music now playing!!!!!
Unread 08-04-2007, 11:59 AM   #8
Qman

Name :
Talking

2007 3lt z51 auto with paddle shifters.
Unread 08-04-2007, 12:12 PM   #9
Psychotic Avian

Name :

Quote:
2007 3lt z51 auto with paddle shifters.
I was hoping you were not going to say this. Not because you drive an automatic tranny, but rather this eliminates the Corsa Xtreme option for you at this time. It is not made for auto trannys at this time. You will have to go with the sport or touring editions if you want corsa. Also, you will have to purchase an extra part on the exhaust for the paddle shifters. It is required for it to function properly. Unfortunately, it is much more costly to put a Corsa in an automatic than a 6 speed.

2005-07 CORSA XTREME EXHAUST SYSTEM W/PRO-SERIES TIPS
Corsa Performance does it again. They've taken their hugely popular C6 Sport

exhaust and "kicked it up a notch" with the all new CORSA Xtreme.

Always loved CORSA quality and craftsmanship, but wanted even more attitude and sound? The new CORSA Xtreme sport system features a deeper tone at idle and is 2-3dB louder outside under throttle. This system delivers the most aggressive tone yet, while still controlling the interior sound level. Now you can get some of that C6R growl as you row through the gears and that unmistakable off-throttle race car like crackle on deceleration. And you can still comfortably hold a conversation with passengers while cruising down the highway.

Constructed of 100% premium stainless steel and carries a limited lifetime warranty. Acoustically approved for manual transmission cars only at this time. Features Corsa's signature quad 3.5" Pro-Series tips.

14469 2005-'07 Corvette C6 Xtreme Axle-Back w/Twin Pro-Series 3.5" Tips

HOWEVER, the sport edition sounds GREAT in Corsa. The drone is very minimal if it even exists. It has that boat engine sound and really turns heads.

I just prefer the Xtreme now because I like to piss off my neighbors.
Unread 08-04-2007, 12:49 PM   #10
Qman

Name :
Talking

My last 2 mustangs were stick so I wanted something different. I thought i saw the ad and it said for auto also, ill have to check.