• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Blue Devil Ruse...Game Over. Thanks For Playing

MADN3SS

Apparently the people at Winding Road Magazine thought it would be funny to create their own Blue Devil and parade it around Detroit as the real thing. Here is the story from the new issue.

We built our own Corvette Blue Devil, drove it through the streets of Detroit, and saw dreams come alive. Grown men pointed and smiled. "The Blue Devil" they said. "Take a picture!" they said. For a couple thousand people who saw our cosmetically realistic creation, the Blue Devil existed. It was real.

Of course, it wasn't real. With less than $400 in supplies and fifty-eight man-hours, we created our own Blue Devil. Corvette experts, spy photographers, GM employees and Motor Trend and AutoWeek editors were fooled. Hook, line, and sinker.

More significant than seeing our car published in another magazine was the reaction we received from the public at large. People want to believe in it. People want to buy it. Listen to them, Chevrolet. Build the Blue Devil.

Game over. Thanks for playing.

I honestly didn't think it was the real thing, I just didn't realize it went this far.

I'd include the .pdf file for those that want to read it, but the file is 17.4mb. If you want to be a subscriber, here's the link. It's a free magazine, you just have to register. It comes out every 2-3 months. Good magazine.
http://www.windingroad.com/

Z06 Rocket said:
Isn't GM really working on a Blue Devil or "Stingray" as they may call it?

I think it is in some level of development. There were rumors that it would be at the Detroit Int'l Auto Show last year, but obviously not. Maybe next month, who knows.

I think they made thier point:thumbsup:

A similar thread over on DigitalCorvette has everybodies panties in a wad:rolleyes: :lmao: This guy Conti, a salesperson and I think a supprting member or something, did a spoof a few months back. When he announced it was a hoax, some prople got a little pissed and some (like me) thought it was funny.

Anyway, now he's busting WR's balls saying this was somehow different and that they were out of line and nonesense like that. They overall tone over there is the magazine sucks.

Apparently he (Conti) posted a response from them to one of his e-mails. They in turn, answered him professionally, then stated copyright restrictions on parts of the article and asked him to remove it from the various sites.

He got pissed about that too?

Huum? Didn't GM do the same thing to several webowners prior to the presentation of the "new Camaro"? Of course they did;)

But I guess that was ok?:rolleyes: :lmao: :lmao:

I've never read WR but I intend to now:D

Back