• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

California supreme court

silverback

:thumbsdown: Did anyone see the ruling where the Ca. supreme Ct. ruled that an accident victim could sue the good Samaritan that pulled them from a car accident, in fear of the car burning and by doing so, caused more harm. Guess that he should have let the victim to their fate.

:thumbsdown: Did anyone see the ruling where the Ca. supreme Ct. ruled that an accident victim could sue the good Samaritan that pulled them from a car accident, in fear of the car burning and by doing so, caused more harm. Guess that he should have let the victim to their fate.

I didn't see it but it sounds about par for Kalifornia:thumbsdown:

Leave it to them to screw up a good thing:nonod:

Florida specifically bars that type of lawsuit against good samaritans as long as it was reasonable actions. If the car was smoking (or sometimes coolant on the engine after a crash looks like smoke) then it would be justified. No lawsuit here in that case.

Like many other things, one state follows the other, and can we risk our families and homes to find that a judge and jury says poor poor soul, here is a couple of million for you. At least for me, I would have to base it on, if there is an risk to life, if so help, if only limb, call 911 and wait.

Just make sure you don't help anyone you know then after you help them, get the hell out of there before someone ID's ya!

I hope we don't follow Kalifornia like we usually do:thumbsdown:

Too much Grand Theft Auto. Cars don't simply blow up for no good reason. Trust me, I know...

But yea, I saw that on the news. That really sucks. Helluva way to thank someone for trying to save your life.

Too much Grand Theft Auto. Cars don't simply blow up for no good reason. Trust me, I know...

But yea, I saw that on the news. That really sucks. Helluva way to thank someone for trying to save your life.

Z, you're right, they don't. But you're talking about lay people that for the most part put gas in thier cars (or plug them in at night) and push the go pedal.

They know what they saw on Lethal Weapon for on cable last night:lmao:

I hope that ruling doesn't spread:thumbsdown:

I thought I read somewhere that some states are passing laws REQUIRING aid from any person witnessing another in need of assistance where live or limb is at risk? Now wouldn't that be a catch-22!

Back