The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 10-02-2006, 09:56 PM   #31
vette8t7

Name :
vette8t7 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADN3SS
Seems like you did.
Uh...Read post #21 again..
If you can read that I did not even quote nor did I say you in particular. The paragraph where I used that phrase was:

Now my take on singling out Eckler's and painting them about "how I will never shop there again" is just wrong. Heck, people act like they don't have any problems anywhere else. I can get up and walk into Wal-Mart and start having issues with "something". Eckler's IS NOT the only one with their share
of problems. Plenty of people have problems with other parts outlets.

If you took offense that fine. All in your regard to this thread was your side of the story. It would be interesting for me to contact someone at Ecklers so we could hear the other half. Two sides to every story. But heck what do I care. Your never going to buy there again and I personally could give two Sh*ts less where you buy your parts.

Now so you will know that this question is directed at you:
You said when you contacted Ecklers the first time they said for you to ship the parts back...at your expense. Why didn't you ask for a supervisor then? When you realized you had a problem and say you "called several times" yet it didn't seem to be going the right way why didn't you ask for supervisor? I would find it very hard to believe that if you had asked for the Customer Service Supervisor or someone "higher up" on the ladder early on that the problem wouldn't have been taken care of then. The time frame we are talking about here is June-September and you said you called several times "they were searching the warehouse and would let you know" and you said that was a few weeks before....can you honestly say you share some blame for not following up or asking for a supervisor earlier on and allowing it to go on 3 months? I mean you called several times, why not ask for a supervisor the second time?

Blasting a company on a public forum causes lasting negativity towards that company. In this case the company isn't here speaking for itself. On the other hand, there may be personnel from these companies on different forums from time to time. Them seeing someone blasting them surely won't do you any favors with them down the road.

As far as you not shopping at Eckler's- I could really care less. I think you could have escalated the matter sooner and then this whole thread would be moot. I can start posting specific examples of repeated problems with the postal service here if you'd like. I can rant about how I won't use them again and would only use some other means shipping, but whatever. The point? Every place has it's problems. Eckler's has it's share. If I was having repeated problem I would ask for a supervisor and get it corrected. If I continue to let it drag out, then I'm just as guilty.

On another tangent...you didn't post you were having a problem until September. The last I checked this forum was named "All Florida Corvette Club". Did you know there are clubs within the locality of Eckler's? That those clubs probably have some sort of relationship with Eckler's and various personnel on their staff? That perhaps some of those club members are members of this forum? Perhaps even some of those club members work at Eckler's? Another route would have been a thread earlier on seeking help with your situation. Instead the thread started a few months down the road entitled "I will never buy from Eckler's again"....that probably wouldn't by you any help, but I had noted if I had seen or knew about it earlier I could have gotten you in touch with the right person. I also offered that if you needed help with them in the future to let me know, but I'm starting to think that offer is going to expire as I don't need to get involved and you dont intend future business with them.
vette8t7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2006, 10:07 AM   #32
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vette8t7
If you can read that I did not even quote nor did I say you in particular. The paragraph where I used that phrase was:

Now my take on singling out Eckler's and painting them about "how I will never shop there again" is just wrong. Heck, people act like they don't have any problems anywhere else. I can get up and walk into Wal-Mart and start having issues with "something". Eckler's IS NOT the only one with their share

If you took offense that fine. All in your regard to this thread was your side of the story. It would be interesting for me to contact someone at Ecklers so we could hear the other half. Two sides to every story. But heck what do I care. Your never going to buy there again and I personally could give two Sh*ts less where you buy your parts.

You said when you contacted Ecklers the first time they said for you to ship the parts back...at your expense. Why didn't you ask for a supervisor then? When you realized you had a problem and say you "called several times" yet it didn't seem to be going the right way why didn't you ask for supervisor? I would find it very hard to believe that if you had asked for the Customer Service Supervisor or someone "higher up" on the ladder early on that the problem wouldn't have been taken care of then. The time frame we are talking about here is June-September and you said you called several times "they were searching the warehouse and would let you know" and you said that was a few weeks before....can you honestly say you share some blame for not following up or asking for a supervisor earlier on and allowing it to go on 3 months? I mean you called several times, why not ask for a supervisor the second time?

Blasting a company on a public forum causes lasting negativity towards that company. In this case the company isn't here speaking for itself. On the other hand, there may be personnel from these companies on different forums from time to time. Them seeing someone blasting them surely won't do you any favors with them down the road.

As far as you not shopping at Eckler's- I could really care less. I think you could have escalated the matter sooner and then this whole thread would be moot. I can start posting specific examples of repeated problems with the postal service here if you'd like. I can rant about how I won't use them again and would only use some other means shipping, but whatever. The point? Every place has it's problems. Eckler's has it's share. If I was having repeated problem I would ask for a supervisor and get it corrected. If I continue to let it drag out, then I'm just as guilty.

On another tangent...you didn't post you were having a problem until September. The last I checked this forum was named "All Florida Corvette Club". Did you know there are clubs within the locality of Eckler's? That those clubs probably have some sort of relationship with Eckler's and various personnel on their staff? That perhaps some of those club members are members of this forum? Perhaps even some of those club members work at Eckler's? Another route would have been a thread earlier on seeking help with your situation. Instead the thread started a few months down the road entitled "I will never buy from Eckler's again"....that probably wouldn't by you any help, but I had noted if I had seen or knew about it earlier I could have gotten you in touch with the right person. I also offered that if you needed help with them in the future to let me know, but I'm starting to think that offer is going to expire as I don't need to get involved and you dont intend future business with them.
First things first. You said singling out Ecklers was wrong. I singled them out, therefore I must be wrong. You may not have been talking about me in post #21, but the fact that I started this thread obviously bothers you.

Yes, this is my side of the story and if you feel like contacting Eckler's for their side of the story, by all means, waste your time. It certainly doesn't matter to me.

You're absolutely right in one respect. I should have asked for a supervisor much earlier. It may have solved the problem earlier. I do share some of the blame for that. And the reason it went on for 3 months is because it wasn't a huge priority on my list. My life wasn't hinging on this situation. When I gave it a thought, I would call.

I honestly don't care whether it causes lasting negativity to them down the road. I'm sure it won't. They were in business long before I purchased a Vette and will be in business long after. There were a sponsor here, but I guess we didn't generate anything for them. I won't need any favors from them either.

You can blast the Post office and use a different shipping company all you want. It doesn't bother me any. I get paid the same.

Thanks for your help, but I won't be dealing with them again. I did what I did and it's all in the past. I'm not going to waste any more of your time or mine. It's time to move on...

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2006, 10:09 AM   #33
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

Quote:

First things first. You said singling out Ecklers was wrong. I singled them out, therefore I must be wrong. You may not have been talking about me in post #21, but the fact that I started this thread obviously bothers you.

Yes, this is my side of the story and if you feel like contacting Eckler's for their side of the story, by all means, waste your time. It certainly doesn't matter to me.

You're absolutely right in one respect. I should have asked for a supervisor much earlier. It may have solved the problem earlier. I do share some of the blame for that. And the reason it went on for 3 months is because it wasn't a huge priority on my list. My life wasn't hinging on this situation. When I gave it a thought, I would call.

I honestly don't care whether it causes lasting negativity to them down the road. I'm sure it won't. They were in business long before I purchased a Vette and will be in business long after. There were a sponsor here, but I guess we didn't generate anything for them. I won't need any favors from them either.

You can blast the Post office and use a different shipping company all you want. It doesn't bother me any. I get paid the same.

Thanks for your help, but I won't be dealing with them again. I did what I did and it's all in the past. I'm not going to waste any more of my time. It's time to move on...

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2006, 10:48 AM   #34
vette8t7

Name :

Quote:

Singling them out when there appears to be shared blame on both sides and blasting them on a public forum to me doesn't seem to be a good form of judgement. What bothers me is the fact that YOU state it wasnt a priority of yours, you let it drag out and then post derogatory remarks about "how this has been going on for months", when in reality the problem could have probably easily have been solved in the beginnning. Your life wasn't hinging on the situation, but the point is you made a hinge of yoru time on this forum to blast THEM! I won't waste my time asking for their side of the story, I think there is enough information in this thread for readers to make their own judgements and decisions.
Unread 10-03-2006, 11:09 AM   #35
vette8t7

Name :

Quote:

Thanks for your help, but I won't be dealing with them again. I did what I did and it's all in the past. I'm not going to waste any more of my time. It's time to move on...
I would also like to add that in another thread MADN3SS posted another issue last night with another item he purchased from Eckler's. I made a kind hearted gesture to bring the matter up to someone at Eckler's in try and bring some positiveness to his situation in light of his recent issues.

MADN355's post:
I do have one other problem with them... minor. Customer number 2142XXXX, Order number 0226XXXX, Trans date 10/14/05. Part number 45037, Sunglasses, Z06 Logo Quicksilver. On both sides of the sunglasses there is an attached Z06 Logo that has since fallen out and lost on both sides. I would like to get replacements sent to me so I can glue them on. I've emailed Eckler's but have not gotten a response. It was low on my list of priorities to look into.

I sent an e-mail last night to someone at Eckler's who replied back to me this morning "I sent him an email offering to replace the glasses".

So MADN355 you should have received an e-mail. I would say this is a pretty decent resolve in what just a few hours? Replacement for an item you've had for a year? But since you don't need any favors from them and won't be dealing with them again or wasting your time I guess this is all moot and I guess I will quit wasting my time.
Unread 10-03-2006, 11:04 PM   #36
NOBCKSEAT

Name :
NOBCKSEAT is on a distinguished road

Been on the other coast.
My latest expierence with Ecklers was my expierence. You can go have your own. I didn't feel welcome. Period. My expectations came from previous years ago when I bought from them for my '81, '67, and '63. I really don't have any recall of any issues from them at that time. I wholehardly expected to recieve the same level of service I did then. But they shifted buildings and really did not care if I was there or not by their actions. I don't have friends in the back room, or numbers of managers available. Personally I don't care. I did sent them an email to their sales office, they elected to not respond. I waited a week. So I decided to post my expierence. Period. good luck to you.
NOBCKSEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2006, 08:40 AM   #37
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:

I don't know you but I do know Scott. I've known hism for what now, about 15 years (+/-)? I can tell you he's very level headed person with hardly ever a bad thing said about anyone or any business. With the LEGHUMPING over I'll also say this...ECKLERS has made thier own bed and now but lay in it.

I've had good and not so good dealings with thier phone people. It's like most don't know WTH they (or we) are talking about and could care less

As well, look on other forums.....Many of the people have had bad experiences with them. Thats got to say something doesn't it?

No one is really "bashing" Ecklers, just pointing out issues.

Not sure why they are no longer sponsors here, but if it's due to this, then A decent company will take critisims and attempt to resolve real or percieved issues to change thier public image.

Funny part is, they've been around for years and will likely continue to be around for years to come. Some things flourish (or at least exist) despite themselves.

Why not just treat the customer right the FIRST TIME? Why not be responsive? Why not act like you know what you're doing? Why? Why? Why?

I can say this with some certainty. Scott accepted some of the blame, and he's a lot more patient than I.
I'd first have had a supervisor on the phone no later than my second call!!

My 3rd call would be in person...it's just mileage and time.But again, why keep telling a customer that you're going to do something and then not do it or get back to them for months? Bad business IMO.

..bashing a business on a public forum causes lasting negativity towards that company. In this case the company isn't here speaking for itself. On the other hand, there may be personnel from these companies on different forums from time to time. Them seeing someone blasting them surely won't do you any favors with them down the road.

Then get your act together and the "bashing" will cease...novel idea huh?

This BTW, isn't bashing. It's complaining Thats the nice thing about this forum compared to some others. The owner doesn't play favorites. If you have a legitimate, articulable issue with a vendor, sponsor or not...you can feel free to factuallyl air it without fear of reperrcussion.
The members come first and thats a good thing for all of us

The company had/has every opportunity to respond here. As you mentioned, they were a sponsor. Who knows why they left? Thats thier business. But they could certainly have aired thier position should they have chosen to do so instead of cut & run?

Are you one of those "personnel" you were referring to? Certainly sounds like it with the defensive overtones? Just curious. BTW, it's ok if you are and welcome aboard, just remember that we don't hold back much when it comes to the members freedoms to express and thier happiness with parts and service.

Those "personnel" that may be on various forums also have the right to respond, either personally or on behalf of the company if accepted by thier management. We'd be happy to hear from them with factual/verifyable information and results.

Most of us here are not looking for "favors." Personally, I don't mind paying for what I need/want...I just want it right! And if it's screwed up...please fix it without a lot of undue rhetoric, excuses, or delays. Simple enough isn't it?

I respectfully disagree here as well. Repetitive problems are indicative of management issues, laziness or incompetence. Mechanical issues (to which many of the USPS problems are related) are not. Those do need to be addressed as well as some turn around time problems *(Scott....if they wait another month to send back an undeliverable package again....I'm gonna....!!!!!! )..ugh...anyway, I digress....

The fact is, you do have the freedom to use whatever shipoping company you desire, as does Scott or anyone else to use the myriad of Corvette related vendors out there in the marketplace. You live on the Spacecoast so Ecklers is convenient to you. I use Davies here in NPR, the Corvette Shop in Tampa and a couple of other local vendors. Why? One because they are competent (*although one does kind of treat people like an non-entity at times -hint-not Davies) but again, they're convenient and have most parts I need on hand.

I will agree that every place has it's problems. Thats the nature of business. Not correcting thiose problems is quite another matter. FWIW, even on here, people have posted good experiences with Ecklers as well. Just seems that between here and other firums, the bad seems to outweigh the good?

You're "tangent" makes a valid point A quicker post, earlier in the game might have rendered a more favorable result much sooner, alas, avoiding all the drama... But it didn't happen that way. Woulda, shoulda, coulda....but didn't.

So, what do you do at Ecklers?

Scott admitted he could have handled things a bit differently and from what I've read of this thread, might actually repurchase a few things there in the future. Entirely up to him.

On the other hand, you've made some valid points and defended Ecklers well

Can we all now call it a truce and move on with life and get ready to PARTY

Take care guys
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2006, 11:47 AM   #38
vette8t7

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
You're "tangent" makes a valid point A quicker post, earlier in the game might have rendered a more favorable result much sooner, alas, avoiding all the drama... But it didn't happen that way. Woulda, shoulda, coulda....but didn't.

So, what do you do at Ecklers?

Scott admitted he could have handled things a bit differently and from what I've read of this thread, might actually repurchase a few things there in the future. Entirely up to him.

Can we all now call it a truce and move on with life and get ready to PARTY

Take care guys
I don't work at Eckler's and never have. I am however affiliated with a local club, I am local to Eckler's and I have been involved with Eckler's and various members of their staff (some who are still there some that are not) over the years with events and various other things.

I merely presented another view on the situation. Other's may be reading this and had the same thoughts as me, but didn't post. As you pointed out they ARE posting their experiences which is fine, I was expressing my take on the situation.

On another note, Scott did post another issue he had and it seems that was quickly addressed..(as long as he doesn't wait so long to fullfill his end that everyone forgets )

Another thing I would like to point out...I have seen this "per the forum rules I sent an e-mail, didn't get a response, so here I go"...did we all forget how to use a telephone? It probably takes more time to type an e-mail to them about an issue than it would to call up and ask to speak with a manager or supervisor. Part of a someplace fixing issues is knowing about it. If the management doesn't know about problems they can't address them. A few months ago I pointed out some things to Eckler's management and they didn't know it had been happening, no one had ever said anything to them previously about it and they addressed the issues. If you send them an email about how you are disappointed and will never shop their again-they may get 100's of e-mails like that a day with their volume of sales. I dunno. I'd rather call up and speak to someone or demanding a manager or someone higher up call back referencing an e-mail or letter noting details....

I didn't realize you had "quotes" within the "quote" there till now...
Unread 10-04-2006, 12:22 PM   #39
vette8t7

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBCKSEAT
Been on the other coast.
My latest expierence with Ecklers was my expierence. You can go have your own. I didn't feel welcome. Period. My expectations came from previous years ago when I bought from them for my '81, '67, and '63. I really don't have any recall of any issues from them at that time. I wholehardly expected to recieve the same level of service I did then. But they shifted buildings and really did not care if I was there or not by their actions. I don't have friends in the back room, or numbers of managers available. Personally I don't care. I did sent them an email to their sales office, they elected to not respond. I waited a week. So I decided to post my expierence. Period. good luck to you.
If you didn't feel welcome, then that is unacceptable. If they don't meet your expectations that they did back when they were a smaller company and Ralph was running the show...well these definitely aren't those days anymore. They don't just deal Corvettes anymore.

On the other hand, some of the comments and suggestions made with your experience seemed unreasonable.
Is it not unreasonable to think Eckler's hasn't changed in 10, 15 years?
Maybe they expanded buildings and moved buildings in that time? Sorry the parts pickup window has been on the side of building #2 for some time now.

Asking for discounts such as AAA, AARP?? And if they didn't have you on the outdated membership list for your club is that necessarily their fault? Maybe you aren't a member anymore? Most clubs have membership cards and NCCC members always get cards-show them that.

Was the dually truck was blocking the driveway or what "used" to be the driveway?

The cadillac unloading parts into the dually sounds like it may have been a vendor-a vendor possibly dropping off the sort of parts you were looking to buy?
Unread 10-04-2006, 01:19 PM   #40
vette8t7

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
Hmm...not sure what happened to the first part of my previous post..Anyhow, a defense can be made for anything...

What I had typed and didn't get through to the post was I posted my thoughts (which probably the same as some that didn't post). The reality is both shared blame, Eckler's probably moreso than Scott. I made an argument from a different viewpoint. Let's face it we are all members of this forum, so we are obviously on the internet. The advantage of the internet is it is a tool. Why not harness that power and information that is avaialble? If I had a problem or an issue with Adam's Polishes or WCC and posted a "Help" thread on a forum would I not get direction, guidance or in direct contact with someone who can help??? Then if after a few weeks nothing happened then maybe "I will never...".

In regards to why it wasn't taken care of the first time, who knows. Maybe whoever he talked to didn't care or was lazy or perhaps if they were understaffed the issue was forgotten. I'm sure they are trying to hire more personnel right now. From what I have seen in any place this day and age good help is hard to find anywhere. Finding qualified people for the job is equally as hard.

One would think they would have someone to browse the forums and address things, but man, that would be a job! How many forums are there now? Imagine someone trying to monitor them constantly? Why have that person when you need people to answer sales calls in order to keep the wait times down? I don't know if they have such a person or not...