• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Funday Sunday Corvettetogether...

Why can't we just keep this topic here on CorvetteFlorida.com :shrug01:
I don't need to be watching more than one forum.
I plan on being there.

My better-half is working that day, but I will be there to lend my help and moral-assistance:
we may have an (optional ) 'BEST-PACKAGE' competition amongst our group, throwing a dollar into-the-pot for every run we want to record, which I will run from the Staging Lanes....

A 'package' is what bracket-racers call a combination of their Reaction Time, plus the amount of time they run over (or slower ) than their pre-run determined 'dial-in' :
if you think the car will run a 12.02, you may want to dial-in at 12.00, and cut the best-possible light without red-lighting.

I will stand at the front of the Lanes with an envelope to collect the entry-fees, and a clip-board to write-down car-number and dial-in before the car leaves the lanes:
each driver can show me their time-slip info after that run, where we can verify & record RT and ET, then have each racer 'sign-off' on the information for his run, and at the end of the day, the 'BEST-PACKAGE' wins the pot.

Participation in this 'contest' is not-mandatory, and gives us a way to have a 'friendly-competition' between drivers of cars with vastly-different performance capabilities:
'PACKAGES' are the back-bone of handicap-start/bracket-racing, and I'm sure guys who will use this day as a 'practice-session' for SUPER CHEVY SUNDAY @ Bradenton in February.

SteveK said:
I will bring my $1 bills :yesnod:
I don't know you that-well yet, Steve.....
:NoNo:

just make-sure the dollar-bills go in my envelope, and NOT my panties!
:thumbsup:

SteveK said:
I guess that means no lap dance
[Al Borland]
"..... I don't THINK-so, Tim....."
[/Al Borland]

alborland.gif

I am hoping to see more local Corvette owners at Speed World on Jan 14. We don't want to scare any of those people away by having them take the joking around the wrong way. :toetap05:
You guys were just joking, right?:eek:

Red 69 said:
I am hoping to see more local Corvette owners at Speed World on Jan 14. We don't want to scare any of those people away by having them take the joking around the wrong way. :toetap05:
You guys were just joking, right? :eek:
Yes, SteveK and I have sent Private Messages back-and-forth regarding racing at OSWD, and we are both 'just-joking'.

USA-1 said:
Yes, SteveK and I have sent Private Messages back-and-forth regarding racing at OSWD, and we are both 'just-joking'.

We are ?????? :yesnod:
Oh, I mean we are !!!!!!!!!!:hehehe:
Possibly bring both vetes to Funday Sunday. I hope to be there early, around 8:30 to 9:00 and help block off an area for Vettes only.

SteveK said:
We are ?????? :yesnod:
Oh, I mean we are !!!!!!!!!!:hehehe:
Possibly bring both vetes to Funday Sunday. I hope to be there early, around 8:30 to 9:00 and help block off an area for Vettes only.

Cool...I'll be there early myself so look for my black 93 with the fuzzy dice hangin from the mirror...:thumbsup:

Will definetly have my son's '85 Sliver Coupe. Might have to drive the Escape to haul the slick he ordered yesterday. If not I will have a '93 White vert.

SteveK said:
Will definetly have my son's '85 Sliver Coupe. Might have to drive the Escape to haul the slick he ordered yesterday. If not I will have a '93 White vert.
I will be wearing my Powder Blue "TRACK OFFICIAL" T-shirt that was part of my race-day 'uniform' when I served as Staging Lane Director at now-extinct Fairmont (W. Va. ) Dragway in the mid-'90s.....
:hehehe:

Let's Go Racing!

Brian and I are working our schedules so that we can attend the event. We do enjoy racing...and just about anything else Corvette oriented. See you all at the track.....we'll be easy to spot!

Almost ready

I'm thrashing trying to get 'LOVE' back together. Been waiting for over a week trying to get a couple of strong healthy guys to come by and lift the blower assembly back on top of my motor. My back is so screwed I can't lift it anymore. Everything else seems ready. Once I start it, I'll know if my overheating deal is finally corrected.
I'm really anxious to put it back on the track again. :dancer01: Glenn

Hope you get the car finished in-time, Glen, but if you don't, feel-free to join us anyways at OSWD.
:wavey:

Let's try to get an idea of who is showing-up on 14 January with their Corvette, as it is only 9 days-away at this time:
sign-in here!

My son is bringing his 85 coupe and I plan to bring my 93 vert.
Depends on if I have to haul his slicks or not. So at least 1.

Hey-Glenn, glad to hear you're nearing completion. My back is weak also, but maybe if we rig it right, we can avoid the bending. Have you considered wrapping ratcheting nylon tie down straps around the blower to form a sling through which two 1x2 sticks can pass? This might make all the difference. I'm in the Rockledge area south of Cocoa and about 35 minutes from Ecklers. If you are free Sunday, I can take a drive up to lend a hand. I have the sticks and tie downs if you choose to go that route.

Red 69 said:
Hey-Glenn, glad to hear you're nearing completion. My back is weak also, but maybe if we rig it right, we can avoid the bending. Have you considered wrapping ratcheting nylon tie down straps around the blower to form a sling through which two 1x2 sticks can pass? This might make all the difference. I'm in the Rockledge area south of Cocoa and about 35 minutes from Ecklers. If you are free Sunday, I can take a drive up to lend a hand. I have the sticks and tie downs if you choose to go that route.

Man, thanks for the offer. I'm very humbled that you would offer to drive up here just for a couple of minutes work. Yes, I thought about a sling set up too, but even that would be too much for MY back currently. Funny thing is, I have an electric winch attached to the roof that I use for lifting the rear body clip off by myself. It use to take 4 guys, not for the weight but for the awkwardness. Anyway, I thought about using that, but the car is up high on 4 jack stands backed into my garage. Guess where the lift is? Right! :mad:
Since I posted this morning things finally fell into place and 3 guys showed up about 10:00am. :crazy03: It took all of 1 1/2 mins to get it on top of the motor. Since then I've been bolting up all the 'extra' stuff such as blower belt, pulleys, lines, aircleaner, plug wires etc. You know the drill I'm sure.
I may even get around to firing it up this afternoon...minus the exhaust system, just open headers, darn!:D If not today, tomorrow should do it. The loud noise you hear will NOT be anouther shuttle launch. Wish me luck, and still count me as a go for the 14th. Glenn

It is good to hear you got over that hurdle! Sometimes it is the simple stuff that holds everything up. :banghead: I hope your heat issues are now resolved.:thumbsup:

Back