• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

C6Z wheels on C5Z

fartbubbles

Someone I know is parting with some black c6z wheels w/ the chrome lip for cheap and I was thinking it might look good on my black c5z. i was wondering what everyone thought?

as for performance goes... I havent looked at them closely yet but i think the tires are something like 285/35/18 frnt 325/30/19 rear. (18x9.5frnt/19x11rear). I looked around a little bit and i think the stock wheels are about 80 lbs (w/o rubber) compared to the c6z being around 100. thats not considering the extra rubber on the c6z, weighing in at about 226 lbs; wheels and tires! I couldnt find any figures for the weight of the rubber on the c5z, but if its proportional to the c6z then the difference is around 40 lbs of unspun weight to the ground!

On the other hand... I'll be able to fit the c6 z51 cross drilled rotors on. Not even mentioning traction. I'll have to pay $154 more for 4 new tires according to tirerack, but he's givin me a slightly used set with the wheels.

here is a pic of a C5 Z16 with c6 brakes and wheels
n1z8lg.jpg

She is at home awaiting a paint job before she hits the streets

30kenpl.jpg

vx13d3.jpg

Oh trying on some C6 Z wheels

eqxme0.jpg

I dont think its going to work for me, I have c6 wheels on my LT WS6 and Im fond of the 18s in front and 19s in back, I might just go with some nice tourqe thrust 2's

Back