The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 09-10-2009, 10:35 AM   #21
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well, I had to move the delivery date of the building back to November 4th. Just can't seem to get things nailed down for the concrete and building erection. I've got all kinds of phone calls in to concrete people. I guess the faltering economy hasn't had any effect on them and they are too busy to take on something else.

But at least I have another month to get my sheet all together.

And at least it likely won't interfere with our St. Augustine trip later in October like I was afraid was going to happen.
Unread 09-11-2009, 05:35 PM   #22
Rich Z

Well, I went to the Planning and Zoning office today to see if they needed to make any sort of indication on my permit from them concerning my being listed as a tree farm. I brought along all the documentation I had found on the 'net about this topic, and the girls conferred with someone in the back office. They said I didn't even need that particular permit, and matter of fact would be refunding the fee I paid for it. Well how about that?

I then went to the building permit office to talk to the building inspector, but apparently he was tied up with something there. The girls there said I could go ahead and email him, so that's what I have done. All with quotes and webpage links.

So we'll see what comes of this. One of the girls in the permit office said that she thought I needed to get some sort of permit from the State Agricultural Dept., but she wasn't sure. Not that this would make any sense to me. Excuse me? I need to get a permit to NOT get a permit?

As for the concrete slab, I'm waiting on quotes from three different people right now. Another guy said he could start tomorrow, but he is the one who doesn't have a license, and quite certainly does not have insurance, so I'm really not too interested in dealing with him. But I'm not burning any bridges quite yet with him.

Oh well.....
Unread 09-11-2009, 06:02 PM   #23
Rich Z

Well, now I apparently have one of the county commissioners on my side. Just got off the phone with Dr. Kessler and he asked me to send him the info and he would forward that all to the county attorneys to have them look into it. He seemed to feel it's all pretty cut and dried. County officials cannot circumvent state statutes.

But we'll see how this all plays out.
Unread 09-25-2009, 08:31 PM   #24
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

What's the latest Rich?
Unread 09-26-2009, 12:45 AM   #25
Rich Z

Supposed to get the concrete done this upcoming week. Guy by the name of Alan Dunlap. Since he is going to do the foundation first by itself, then after the building is erected, do the apron, I'm thinking it's going to be around December before I can actually put anything in the building. He didn't want to do the apron at the same time because the equipment needed to erect the building might crack the apron during the erection.
Unread 09-26-2009, 08:34 AM   #26
navy2kcoupe
!ereH nI depparT m'I pleH

Location: 25 miles south of Boston, MA. Also have a house in Dunedin FL.
Name : Andy Anderson
navy2kcoupe has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Supposed to get the concrete done this upcoming week. Guy by the name of Alan Dunlap. Since he is going to do the foundation first by itself, then after the building is erected, do the apron, I'm thinking it's going to be around December before I can actually put anything in the building. He didn't want to do the apron at the same time because the equipment needed to erect the building might crack the apron during the erection.
Sounds like he's erring on the side of caution, which in THIS case, is a GOOD thing. Besides Rich, with something like this.........you want it done right the first time. Maybe some headaches now will prevent some migranes later.
Andy
VIETNAM VETERANS CORVETTE CLUB - FOUNDING MEMBER #1
https://sites.google.com/site/vietna...scorvetteclub/
navy2kcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2009, 08:48 AM   #27
gsdave
engineer

Name :
gsdave is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Sounds like he knows what he's doing. How did his price compare to the first guy?
gsdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2009, 09:37 AM   #28
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Quote:
He didn't want to do the apron at the same time because the equipment needed to erect the building might crack the apron during the erection.
Smart man. When they built my house they poured the driveway before the house was completed. The contractor told the subs to use stay off of it, but the sheetrock company drove their truck on it and cracked it. They had to reimburse the contractor for cutting and patching the driveway. It probably cost them more than what they sold the sheetrock for! And now, 12 years later, the driveway has cracks anyway!
Unread 09-26-2009, 02:01 PM   #29
gsdave
engineer

Name :
gsdave is on a distinguished road

Concrete is going to crack no matter what. If you're lucky, you can make it crack where you want it to.
gsdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2009, 02:46 PM   #30
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsdave View Post
Sounds like he knows what he's doing. How did his price compare to the first guy?
He was within a couple hundred dollars. I told him about the experience with Mike Smith, so he's not likely to try to pull the same thing.