The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 01-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #21
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Name : Eric G
shakedown067 is on a distinguished road

I absolutely love the car. If I wasn't married with children (and throughly enjoy my 96) I'd be lining up to put one in my garage! You gotta realize they once again are broadening their marketing approach. The C6 took a solid step into international sales, something Corvette has never done all that well at. It's the main reason they still participate in the ALMS and Le Mans, overseas sales, not domestic sales. They are going straight at the big three exotic cars from Europe. And what do those do well, they have a good percentage in overseas sales. It helps tremendously when overall sales go down. The car is also a product of function. They keep reducing weight and drag (example: why the rear hatch is no longer all glass). They also have to cut costs where they can (example: why the rear hatch is no longer all glass). As a HUGE road race and autocross fan, this car goes right at the throats of nearly every exotic sports car. It's also a product of knowledge and desires of the Corvette Racing team (another way to justify the race team efforts, as R&D). It's no longer just a Corvette, but there goes that "Exotic Corvette." You can still own two or three for the price of certain Porsches and every Ferrari or Lamborghini, plus now it'll look like it's a home around them. Also, pull up and image of a 63 Corvette. They used a lot of styling ideas from it. From the sharp front fenders to the rear deck (it's subtle), there are hints of the mid-year Corvettes, and probably the real reason that the Stingray is back.

Of course I find it funny how quickly people forget how much everyone dissed the C5 and C6 when they were first brought to light. Everyone said they'll go by a Porsche or some other sports car...but what did most buy, yep another Corvette!
shakedown067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 02:41 PM   #22
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakedown067 View Post

Of course I find it funny how quickly people forget how much everyone dissed the C5 and C6 when they were first brought to light. Everyone said they'll go by a Porsche or some other sports car...but what did most buy, yep another Corvette!
Not this time....
Unread 01-16-2013, 03:03 PM   #23
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by als2052 View Post
A rice burner if I ever saw one...Cant the General get anything right?
Quote:
Not this time....
Not sure that qualifies as a "rice burner". I thought that referred to 4 cylinder turbo cars built in Japan?! Don't you drive a Mustang?
Unread 01-17-2013, 09:19 AM   #24
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Here are a couple pics a friend sent me of the C7 convertible. I don't know how accurate they are but they look pretty close to the coupe.

I guess I still like the front and side views but the back is going to have to grow on me. I also wish there was a release date on the convertible so that I knew when I could see one up close and personal.

Rich

2014 Z51 7 Speed Convertible
Laguna Blue/Grey/Grey
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 09:20 AM   #25
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

I think this vette will be a real winner. Yes, the rear end looks funky with the coupe but actually looks better as a converetible. I think the interior is vastly improved. Engine performance numbers look much better too. Heck, you can probably do the 0-60 thang in under 4 seconds now with the stock engine!
This will look very nice parked next to my 07 vert. I'll let them work out the kinks for the first year or two and then start looking or better yet go to Bowling Green and do the museum delivery again. That's a real memorable event for those of you who haven't done it yet.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 12:04 PM   #26
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well, I don't know about you guys, but a strange thing is happening to me. Already the C5 and C6 are beginning to look well, kind of dated and plain compared to the C7. I think once these things are out on the streets and show up at car shows sitting next to our now *old* cars, a lot of people are going to begin checking their savings accounts to see if there is any "discretionary" money in there they forgot about.
Unread 01-20-2013, 09:14 AM   #27
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :

CBS News Sunday Morning has a piece on the C7 this morning...
Unread 01-20-2013, 09:17 AM   #28
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
Not sure that qualifies as a "rice burner". I thought that referred to 4 cylinder turbo cars built in Japan?! Don't you drive a Mustang?
Still looks like a rice burner...And not a mustang owner...in the market to replace my Corvette though...anything is possible...
Unread 01-20-2013, 11:48 AM   #29
ironhorse
Road Warrior

Name :
ironhorse is on a distinguished road

I like some of the refinements with the C7...Front end I like, the interior is seems is an upgraded C4 interior...The back is still hideous, no matter how many angles I look at it...I will never buy one...I will keep the 427 Cu In motor C6 Z06...I doubt they will ever build another, with café standards and all...One thing I do know, my car may look out dated, however, I will keep modifying it, to kick ass on what ever they come out with from GM...
ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 01:49 PM   #30
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Still looks like a rice burner...And not a mustang owner...in the market to replace my Corvette though...anything is possible...
It looks European like Ferrari to me, not Japanese. Rice = Asian.........
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote