• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Photo Contest?

Classy

Car Arts Auto Detailing
Hello everyone,My husband came up with a great idea,or atleast I thought it was cool.Lets have a photo contest for Eckler's or any show any of us go to.
The contest would consist of photos taken at a event,The photos could be of anything,people,cars,buildings or anything that you think is cool looking.We can all somehow vote on the photos and in a certian time then voting would end and votes counted.The winner could be rewarded with something like a new section where the winners and there photo would be in.Hope I i'm not butting in and I am not trying to change anything,I just thought that would be cool.O ya only one photo could be entered,so you would have to choice what you would think is the best to entered.Any comments or suggestion?:pics:

Well I don't know how to set the votes,or make a place to put the photos,Any help from Rich would help:shrug01: ,I just had the idea.

Sorry! I've been pretty busy around here with taxes and the busy season in my business kicking into high gear. Unfortunately a photo contest would probably take some background work on my part that I just don't have time to spare for right now. Doing any sort of special programming would probably not be feasible. But if you all want to do something like this with minimal modifications needed on my part, then by all means....

Anyway, sorry about the delay responding to this. Just more on my plate right now than I would like it to be.......

I could create a webpage and post the pictures that are sent to me on that page. Once a contest closed date has been met, everyone can PM me and I will tally the votes and post the results.

Let me know.

That's very generous, Steve! Sounds like it could be fun and very interesting to see just what photos folks would submit!! :hehehe:

Great Idea Steve ... I'll have a camera at Eckler's, and be on the lookout for some entertaining photos !!!:dancer01:

PS.. Got your Registration...Thanks

Well I tried something I never tried to do before with this message board system to see about a poll being used for a photo contest voting.

Here's the results -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2280

Maybe that will work without too much trouble?

I can set up a special section in the photo gallery for a photo contest, if that will help..... I will just need someone to help manage the actual day to day stuff with it.

PIVette said:
Glad to help Rich... Just let me know what I need to do !!!

Thanks for offering. This will be completely up to the people who want to do this. I just did a feasibility test to show that it could be done. I wasn't sure it could, because I had never tried a poll before using URL links.

Thanks.

Back