• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Anybody up for a 5 Bridges run?

Gannet

Is anybody up for a 5 bridges run? I was thinking of putting something together for a Sunday in mid-January.

For those who haven't heard the term, a 5 Bridges run is a run that goes over all 5 major bridges over Tampa Bay.

I envisioned a route that would start at the usual TBV start place behind Hooters in Brandon, head south down 301 or 75, and back north over the Skyway (bridge 1). Then up 275 to Gandy and east over Gandy Bridge (bridge 2). Next north up Dale Mabry to 275, and west over the Howard Franklin (bridge 3). Northwest on Roosevelt past St Pete/Clearwater airport, then north across Bayside Bridge (bridge 4). East on US60 and over the Courtney Campbell (bridge 5), and finish at one of the eating/watering holes at Rocky Point or therabouts.

No door prizes, raffle tickets, dash plaques, etc. Just a nice drive.

Anybody else up for this?

Ok, I'm sitting at Hooters now, about to leave for a pre-run. MS Streets & Trips says it's 108 miles. I'll check back in when I finish.

Nytro said:
sounds like a good time

I agree, but we may need to keep it small... I'm getting tired of large cruises were we get all broken apart, and some people don't even make it to the destination :banghead:

I took a little different route than originally planned. Almost exactly 100 miles. An hour and 45 minutes. Nice drive, although it is mostly freeways/urban. The only issue is the selection of restaurants at the end. All in the high-rent district, and a little pricier than family buffets. We'll see.

What about instead of going to a restaurant we go somewhere where we can sit with our cars and have a picnic style lunch and get together. Maybe like at Ft. Desoto. I get nerveous leaving my car unattended in a parking lot, and if I decided to bring my mid-year I absolutely wouldn't leave it out of my sight. Thats just me. Just a thought.

Gannet...Oh..... Gannet.

Gannet said:
Ok, I'm sitting at Hooters now, about to leave for a pre-run. MS Streets & Trips says it's 108 miles. I'll check back in when I finish.
:thinkin: You were sitting at Hooters and you were on a Lap top?????:notallthere: :brick2: Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Am I the only Pervert in here:lmao:
*Assuming you were inside the place eating and not working...
Just Teasing! or...am I?

~Ray

You'd be surprised...or not...how perverted you can be with a laptop. :D

Actually, I was in the parking lot in front of Office Depot, but since everyone insists on calling that place "Hooters" I thought I'd play along so as not to confuse folks.

Nytro said:
What about instead of going to a restaurant we go somewhere where we can sit with our cars and have a picnic style lunch and get together. Maybe like at Ft. Desoto. I get nerveous leaving my car unattended in a parking lot, and if I decided to bring my mid-year I absolutely wouldn't leave it out of my sight. Thats just me. Just a thought.
I do like the idea of a picnic, etc., as opposed to a restaraunt. How do other folks feel about that?

Fort Desoto is one of my favorite places on Earth, but it's a little awkward for this particular run. You really want to start or end this run at the south end of the Skyway or the east end of the Courtney Campbell.

What about if we were to use the public beach/park at the east end of Courtney Campbell? I would need to scout it out, but that should work.

What about New Year's Day?

I had been targeting a Sunday in mid-January, but an idea struck me. What about New Year's Day?

Back when I ran with the Italian Hooligan Society in Arizona, we had a tradition where we would go on a run every New Year's Day, just because we could and all those folks in the cold places can't.

I guess you can tell we were gearheads a lot more than football fans. :)

What say ye?

ynkedad said:
Am I the only Pervert in here:lmao:

I haven't let my inner pervert out yet.

Don't think I could make New Years. I usually work the New Years eve then again on New Years night. Holidays are a pain for me. Working Christmas eve and Christmas this year as well.

2Vettes said:
Hey, Ray
Thought you and the family were going up north this weekend?? Too cold up there for ya?
Too Cold..We laugh at the Cold!
We arrived Sunday evening at around 5:00pm or so. Beautiful 3 story cabin!

I brought my lap top with me, so I wouldn't go thru DT's from missing ya's! :D
WOW... am I CorvetteFlorida site whooped or what !?:lmao:

Sounds Good!!

:thumbsup: CONFIRM WITH ME AND TBV'S WHEN OUR CRUISE DATE IS FOR JANUARY...BUT I THINK ITS A GREAT IDEA....MAYBE LUNCH ON THE BEACH AT FRENCH'S.....KEEPING US ACTIVE MAKES FOR ALOT OF FUN!!!:dancer01:

KEEP US INFORMED!!!!

Just called and we are on the 28TH

The next breakfast cruise will be held January 28th

We will meet behind Hooter's restaurant located on the south west corner of Faulkenburg Rd. and Rt 60 in Brandon. The start time will be promptly at 9:00am.

Last edited:
Back