• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Sad Day for Florida Law Enforcement

C5STATETROOPER

Lakeland, FL
Started my day Friday morning in Hernando County talking to the media about an FHP investigation involving an off duty Hernando County Sheriff's Deputy who was killed when he ran up under the rear of a roll back wrecker on Spring Hill Drive in west Hernando County, FL.

Finished my day Friday night in Polk County talking to the media about an FHP investigation involving an on duty Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission Lieutenant who was killed when another vehicle crossed the center line and hit him head-on on Rock Ridge Road in north Polk County, FL.

Drive safe folks - please! Godspeed officers - thank you for making our little corner of the world a safer place.

:usa_flag:

As a retired LEO, I am always saddened and feel empty whenever a brother or sister is taken from us. GOD BLESS all the LEO's who "serve and protect" us every day !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really do hate it, when any life is cut short. But having enforcement popple
killed is hard. Hate getting tickets, but you all are just doing your job, which
sometimes you all loose your lives over. A big thank you to all officers.

It's got to be real hard on their families as well. Darn few jobs you can have that you may not come home from one day just from putting in what is expected of you on the job. That has to be tough on the other family members.

Very sad news indeed...

Just attended the funeral today, and will be attending another one tomorrow, for two precious young ladies age 19 both who were killed in a terrible auto accident here locally on the interstate. Both of them were dear to our hearts and lives, and will be sorely missed.

Please drive safely out there!

Kap142 said:
Stay safe! It's a small fraternity. God bless

Ken

Amen to that:(

One of our guys the other day, came face to face with 3 armed skimasked home invasion robbers. They rammed his vehicle then fled on foot. Still at large.

Makes me wonder about the shooting in Hernando yesterday?

Anyway, everyone stay safe and tell your family you love them when you leave. Every time may be your last (not just LEOS).

Godspeed to the officers and thier families.

Back