• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Jon Hall Chevrolet ...

Cor66Vette

... will not answer any, I mean ANY questions during their ONLINE CHAT unless you fork over your full name, and phone number, and probably more. They disconnected the "session" when I asked whether or not they can answer my question without further hoopla.

Well, unless you NEED to do business with them, I guess it would be best to go elsewhere. I don't know how some dealers got it into their heads that they are the only ones who can sell you what you want to buy.

... I don't know how some dealers got it into their heads that they are the only ones who can sell you what you want to buy.

You got that right. And that's the irony! Other Chevrolet dealers are more apt to deliver what I want than they are, and for them to abruptly discount my inquiry is seriously not good business. I need a good Chevy dealer who treats the customer the way a customer should be treated- and at the same time offering good service and fair pricing.

For what it's worth, I've found a dealer in California, Lake Chevrolet, that knocks about 40% of the retail prices on online parts purchases. Also, Charles Clark Chevrolet in McAllen, Texas. They warranteed a part I didn't even buy from them. Overnighted it to the shop that was working on it here in Tallahassee and didn't even charge me anything for shipping!

For what it's worth, I've found a dealer in California, Lake Chevrolet, that knocks about 40% of the retail prices on online parts purchases. Also, Charles Clark Chevrolet in McAllen, Texas. They warranteed a part I didn't even buy from them. Overnighted it to the shop that was working on it here in Tallahassee and didn't even charge me anything for shipping!

That is very cool info, thank you. A dealer like that is who I would want to do business with. I wonder how, rather IF, they would play the MSRP game on a C7 model? I'm looking for a dealer who offers a fair deal.

All I can say is go to their websites and see. If they make deals in their parts dept. they may be flexible on the sales floor also. Nothing to lose by asking. I know the dealers here don't budge on parts, that's why I shop online.

All I can say is go to their websites and see. If they make deals in their parts dept. they may be flexible on the sales floor also. Nothing to lose by asking. I know the dealers here don't budge on parts, that's why I shop online.

Heck, the Chevy dealership here wouldn't budge on the prices of their cars, neither. Which is why when I was looking to buy my C6Z I wound up driving up to Washington D.C. to buy it.

Heck, the Chevy dealership here wouldn't budge on the prices of their cars, neither. Which is why when I was looking to buy my C6Z I wound up driving up to Washington D.C. to buy it.

I guess the difference in price was appreciable to justify the trip.

I guess the difference in price was appreciable to justify the trip.

Definitely! Which just goes to show you how far off the mark they were.

During "negotiations" Barbie Jordan said "Rich, we are SO close on the price!". I looked at her like she was speaking another language (which I guess is exactly what sales gibberish is), and said, "No we're not at all close. There is a $10,000 difference between what I want to pay and what you are asking."

Do sales people think that we REALLY can't tell the difference between BS and reality?

$2500.00 of that $10,000.00 was her commission! Sales people generally get 25% of the profits, and there is easily $10,000.00 plus profit built into a Corvette MSRP. Trucks and SUV's are also high commission sales. That's why they can discount them so much at the end of the model year.

Back