• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

9th Annual Dimmitt Corvette Show Pics

MADN3SS

Here are a few. I'll post a link to my webshots page if I ever get around to uploading them. I still haven't done the ones from the Pier show!

EDIT: Added all 93 photos to my webshots page. http://community.webshots.com/user/madness350

DSC01638.JPG

DSC01654.JPG

DSC01723.JPG

DSC01732.JPG

DSC01760.JPG

DSC01746.JPG

DSC01646.JPG

DSC01651.JPG

DSC01675.JPG

DSC01659.JPG

DSC01661.JPG

DSC01660.JPG

Last edited:
Nice pics Scott:thumbsup: Sorry (again) that I missed ya:(

I took a ton of shots but also haven't had time to T them up:(

Try to get to them today. If not, may be thursday before i get to them (headed out of town).:wavey:

i was there for about an hour and had a good time. there were some really nice vettes there. it was nice to see some of the cars from site members in person. scotts frc's looked really good up close.

Nice shots. Too bad about the judging. When a big club gets together and votes for their own, not too many of the others have a chance. It was a good show overall, but really hot.

There were some real beauties there. Seen many of them at other shows but all the same you can't go wrong when you have 80 - 100 nice vettes hanging out.

CREWZIN said:
Nice shots. Too bad about the judging. When a big club gets together and votes for their own, not too many of the others have a chance. It was a good show overall, but really hot.

That flat out sucks. Reminds me of high school "clicks", I didn't like it then and I REALLY don't like it now.

At the St. Armand's "Vettes on the Circle" show here in Sarasota, the judges kept track of how many entries from each club was present. It was stated in the rules that if more than 3 votes from a club voted for it's own club car, that car was disqualified.

If a club hasn't got the balls to vote for a car outside it's own club, then that club must have to sit down to pizz.....

And you guys know who I'm talking about and you just got called out.....:mad: :mad:

TyZtoy said:
:thumbsup:

Nice pics!

That Silver C6-ZO6 sure is a beauty! Hey Wait a minute... That's MINE!! :D

I thought that was yours. I saw you talking to that BIG guy. I love the silver with the comp gray wheels. Man that is a sweet ride. I kinda met you at the NCRS show when we did the banner shot.

CREWZIN said:

I'm not up on the judging rules. Who usually does the voting? I thought I was at one show where the host club does the voting and can't vote for their own cars. Everyone else would just vote for a "Best In Show". Kinda like your club did at the Crystal River show.

What cars won anyway?

MADN3SS said:
I thought that was yours. I saw you talking to that BIG guy. I love the silver with the comp gray wheels. Man that is a sweet ride. I kinda met you at the NCRS show when we did the banner shot.

Thank you for the compliment. I was very hesitant at first with the comp gray but I'm glad I followed my gut and ordered it that way.

I wish we could of had a few words! I do remember the banner shot....I'll probably remember your face when I see you. At that time, I was living in South Florida and had my '02 EB-ZO6. Yeah.. I was talking to one of my T-Bay Posse members. Yeah...:eek: That was a picture....Me 5'4 and his BIG 5'8 275+ Muscles coming out of his TEETH!
:lmao:

They had their own class (the host club) with a seperate trophy not related to the paid entrants. The Click thing does apply tho, especially if a large club shows up. That's the down side to peoples choice voting. The other way is to have the host club vote, but there's alot of trailer / garage queens out there that win. Either way someone doesn't win and thinks it's rigged.:banghead:

I didn't say it was the host club that took most of the trophy's and it escapes me now which club it actually was, but I do remember they all stood together in a group and a large cheer when out from all their members whenever one of their cars were awarded a trophy. We had 4 cars from Crystal River and all looked at each other everytime that one crowd gave a cheer...and it was quite a few times.

CREWZIN said:
I didn't say it was the host club that took most of the trophy's and it escapes me now which club it actually was, but I do remember they all stood together in a group and a large cheer when out from all their members whenever one of their cars were awarded a trophy. We had 4 cars from Crystal River and all looked at each other everytime that one crowd gave a cheer...and it was quite a few times.

Oh,,,,, I left before the trophys were given out. Suncoast Corvette members took home only 2 trophies out of all of them (a 3rd one if you include the club participation trophy). I guess we shouldv'e gotten together and voted for the same car instead of the one we really liked. We couldv'e gotten a few more trophies.

TyZtoy said:
:thumbsup:

Nice pics!

That Silver C6-ZO6 sure is a beauty! Hey Wait a minute... That's MINE!! :D

I saw your car there but I didn't know it was yours. I love that car. It looks way mean.

I only knew 2 members from the forum there. Sorry I didn't get to meet everyone this time. It's hard to know who everyone is without a pic or some kind type of advertisement.

After I looked at the cars I went to hide in the shade for a few hours. :hide:

I think the best part of the day was caravanning to the show. I got to see a few Vettes at warp speed. It was funny to see the reactions of the few people that were on the road that early in the morning. :vette:

I hope to meet the rest of you at the next show. :thumbsup:

I too enjoy the rides to and from the shows. I typically ride with the Tampa Bay Posse. We definitely have a few "SPIRITED" sprints on the way. :reddevil:

Yeah... it's a bummer not knowing who is who from the forum. Maybe we should have a little local meet one night during the week. I remember seeing a post for something like that.

TyZtoy said:
I too enjoy the rides to and from the shows. I typically ride with the Tampa Bay Posse. We definitely have a few "SPIRITED" sprints on the way. :reddevil:

Yeah... it's a bummer not knowing who is who from the forum. Maybe we should have a little local meet one night during the week. I remember seeing a post for something like that.

Rich, our beloved creator will be bringing his Z down to Antivenom for an STS install. We really need to have a get together while he's here. It should be when he drops it off, not picking it up. I know I'd want to be out driving that thing when it's done!

Scott

Back