• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

C5 Tires Noise Comparison - The Quest For Quiet

RSS Feed

RSS Feed Robot
C5 Tires Noise Comparison - The Quest For Quiet
corp_0902_pl+c5_tires_noise_difference+left_side_view.jpg

Defining The Noise Differences Of Many Select C5 TiresIn the past several months of writing the C5/C6 Solutions column here in Corvette Fever, I've received a surprising number of letters and emails from various readers looking for quieter replacement tires than the stock Goodyear Eagle F1 GS EMTs for their C5s. Honestly, I never thought the Eagle EMTs were all that noisy myself, but then again my C5 convertible has several modifications (including a low-restriction 3-inch-diameter exhaust system) that make it a bit louder than a pure stock C5 would be-but that's the way I like it. This interest in finding quieter rubber intrigued me, however, especially since I didn't have a good answer for these readers. So I set out to find out which tire(s) were actually the quietest ones you could put on your C5.

Photo Gallery: Comparing the Noise Different Tire Brands Make on a Corvette C5 - Corvette Fever Magazine

Photo Gallery: Comparing the Noise Different Tire Brands Make on a Corvette C5 - Corvette Fever Magazine

Read More | Digg It | Add to del.icio.us

More...

Back