• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Wanna see the newest C6R paint scheme?

Z06 Rocket

http://www.prattmiller.com/c6rnews.php?NewsID=516

The whole story is at the link above, but here's the readers digest version:

Pratt and Miller Racing said:
Skull Icon Gets Star Billing at Laguna Seca

MONTEREY, Calif. - Conceived on a cocktail napkin and seen in winner's circles from Long Beach to Le Mans, Corvette Racing's skull mascot will have star billing at the Monterey Sports Car Championships at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca on Saturday, Oct. 20. Affectionately known to the team and Corvette enthusiasts as Jake, the skull mascot will adorn the Compuware Corvette C6.R race cars in full-body graphics for the four-hour season finale of the 12-race American Le Mans Series.

With the GT1 manufacturer, team, and driver championships clinched, the last race of the season will be a celebration of Corvette Racing's success. "We wanted to do something special for Laguna Seca, and the guys on the team are totally behind Jake," said Corvette Racing program manager Doug Fehan. "He's a little edgy, urban, and underground. Young fans get it. The special Jake cars are a one-time only deal, just for fun, to make the last race of season memorable for the fans."

The skull mascot is the brainchild of designer Eddie Jabbour of Kick Design. His iconic image has been popularized on the badboyvettes.com website.

"Jake is the unofficial official mascot of Corvette Racing," Jabbour said with a laugh. "He really came from the team. I was at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 2004 and noticed that the team had adopted skull icons as a symbol of the 'take-no-prisoners' mentality of those intense 24 hours. In fact, someone had scrawled 'TAKE NO PRISONERS' on the wall of the Corvette garage.

And here's some pics from http://www.badboyvettes.com/ the site where the "Jake" merchandise is marketed:

This is the special paint scheme they will be racing tomorrow at Laguna Seca, the last race of the ALMS year....

The Monterey Sports Car Championships, the final round of the 12-race ALMS series, will start at 2:43 p.m. PT on Saturday, October 20. The four-hour race will be televised live on SPEED Channel from 5:30 to 10 p.m. ET.

BBV_C6R_11.jpg

BBV_C6R_15.jpg

BBV_C6R_14.jpg

BBV_C6R_13.jpg

Pretty sweet if you ask me! If you don't ask I don't care because I will still tell you its pretty sweet anyway!;) I wish I could see them in person and take a few pics myself!

That's baaaad. I want one too. It would be sooooo coool if I got paid to drive one of those things for a living. :thumbsup:

As was brought up in another post, this might be the last time to see Team Corvette. I was fortunate to see the unveiling of the Ron Fellows white car at the first race this year, wish I could see these sweeeeet baby's.

As was brought up in another post, this might be the last time to see Team Corvette. I was fortunate to see the unveiling of the Ron Fellows white car at the first race this year, wish I could see these sweeeeet baby's.

Yep, could be the last Team Corvette race. They need some competition to keep on going in the series. They are a victim of their own success since no other team has a pair big enough to try to beat them. The Aston team is a bunch of Crybaby Wussies if you ask me....... They want the NASCAR rules of "equal them all out so there's no real competition"...............

Back