The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 02-24-2009, 04:41 PM   #1
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road
Default Bernanke Says The Recession....

will probably be over by end of 2009 and market skyrockets...What is it with Wall Street, someone farts and all goes to hell.

For that matter, why does'nt everyone say something positive every day and we will be in fat city again...

And the media needs to cool it with the gloom and doom forecasts every night. CNBC should be shut down...

Just my .02
Unread 02-24-2009, 04:57 PM   #2
MRS. XTREME

Name :
MRS. XTREME is on a distinguished road

I agree !!!

Nothing is more depressing then to see every other channel talk about whats BAD today.... we know its bad thanks for the update people....

I know its hard for people in this day and time to stay postive about anything... but something has to give....

Everything happens fro a reason NONE of us have control over what happens next.....so why waste your day worrying?? Does it really help any??? and if your one that say YES please let me know how because if there is a way to worry that actually HELPS... i'm all in

is that confusing?????

MRS. XTREME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2009, 10:09 PM   #3
floridaZ

Name :
floridaZ has disabled reputation

Bad news? C'mon, not everyone is gloom and doom! Look at Obama, all his speeches start off on a positive note.

"Good evening, people of the United States of America. Unfortunately, by next Thursday you will all be dead. The men will have yeast infections, the women testicular cancer, and babies will be used as a substitute for footballs for NFL practice sessions. But by next Wednesday, I will sign in this new stimulus package and..."
floridaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2009, 11:31 PM   #4
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

I've become a big Dave Ramsey listener over the last several months. One of the things he espouses is, as MRS. Xtreme said, don't waste time worrying about things you have no control over.

If I can't fix it or change it, I simply don't worry about it.

The economy sucks, the wars still ragin' and despite thier BS predictions, we're going to be stuick there in one form or another for decades, and the unemployment rate is rising. Fact is, I can't do anything about any of those things on a national level.

I can look out for my own and my friends, and try to make the best of each day and the BS that comes with it.

That said, I got up under my own power this morning, I made some decent money without really busting my arse, I still have a home a car and some $$ to pay the bills and no one died on my watch

All in all, not a bad day

These talking heads on the radio and tv blabbing about doom and gloom are doing it for ratings

IMO, unless you have a better plan, STFU!

Then again, good news doesn't sell

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2009, 01:53 AM   #5
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Hah! The "news" isn't about news. All they try to do is to cater to what the readership wants. So they are going to report and editorialize on stuff that will draw in readers. Traffic accidents get a whole lot more viewers than flowers blooming on the median strip on the highway. Gloom and doom DEFINITELY gets more people tuned in then "happy days" types of broadcasts. Is it their fault that WE, as a species, just seem to gravitate to that kind of news?
Unread 02-25-2009, 07:58 AM   #6
Coastal

Name :
Coastal is on a distinguished road

The drive by media will begin to talk up the economy when Barry tells them to, not a day before. They all had to talk it down in order to take the issue from war, which McCain would have won on to the economy, which he himself claimed he knew nothing about.

It was just a political move, but it worked so well that it allowed them to use the gubmint made crisis to engineer the biggest power grab in the history of this once great country.
Unread 02-25-2009, 11:38 AM   #7
gsdave
engineer

Name :
gsdave is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal View Post
The drive by media will begin to talk up the economy when Barry tells them to, not a day before. They all had to talk it down in order to take the issue from war, which McCain would have won on to the economy, which he himself claimed he knew nothing about.

It was just a political move, but it worked so well that it allowed them to use the gubmint made crisis to engineer the biggest power grab in the history of this once great country.
This is still a great country. One of the many things that makes it great is that in about 3.5 years, we'll all have the opportunity to fix the mistake that the general public made last November. I just hope that all of us that want to fix the mistake realize how important it is to show up at the poles.
'70 LeMans Sport
gsdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2009, 11:58 AM   #8
Coastal

Name :
Coastal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsdave View Post
This is still a great country. One of the many things that makes it great is that in about 3.5 years, we'll all have the opportunity to fix the mistake that the general public made last November. I just hope that all of us that want to fix the mistake realize how important it is to show up at the poles.
We may get one dope out of the White House but we'll be living with his legacy for ever. No politician is going to give up the power and control that was taken from the people regardless of what team he belongs to.
Unread 02-25-2009, 03:53 PM   #9
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsdave View Post
This is still a great country. One of the many things that makes it great is that in about 3.5 years, we'll all have the opportunity to fix the mistake that the general public made last November. I just hope that all of us that want to fix the mistake realize how important it is to show up at the polls.

Hear hear! I second that notion.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2009, 10:12 PM   #10
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Something tells me that our choices will be no better at that time, then they were this time around. And incumbents ALWAYS have the upper hand in elections.....