The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Classifieds - Corvettes, Parts & Accessories

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Classifieds - Corvettes, Parts & Accessories Sales | Wanteds | Sources | Advice For Buying or Selling

Unread 05-03-2010, 07:17 PM   #11
79vette

Name :
79vette has disabled reputation

Bird in the hand and all that.
your car your money your choice
79vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2010, 08:48 PM   #12
LS2POWA
Team Afterhours Member

Name : Corey Metz
LS2POWA is on a distinguished road

Its a tough market. I just met a guy today who bought a triple black 03 with a few boltons, less then 60k for 17k.

Its true its your car, your price. I was in your shoes a couple months ago when I tried to sell my car so I could pay off all my school loans at once instead of dragging them out for years. I pulled it off the market cause it just wasnt fair after all the time/money/stress I put into this car to let it go for the current market price even with all the mods.
Unread 05-03-2010, 10:42 PM   #13
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79vette View Post
Bird in the hand and all that.
your car your money your choice
Not to hijack this thread, but 79vette, do you have any more pics of the car in your avatar? Thats a beauty!

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2010, 08:37 AM   #14
79vette

Name :
79vette has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Not to hijack this thread, but 79vette, do you have any more pics of the car in your avatar? Thats a beauty!
I put some on my CP in picture area
thanks
79vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2010, 05:44 PM   #15
LEJ ZO6
LEJ ZO6

Name :
LEJ ZO6 has disabled reputation
Default Our 2003 Convertible Has Sold

Well, it took a while to get the right car in front of the right buyer but we have sold our 2003 Spiral Gray Convertible.

I got a lot of response to this ad on the internet. Most everyone wanted a really nice car with really low miles for less than $20,000. I certainly understand that and I wish everyone all the luck in the world in finding that car ... BUT ... that expectation may be a little unrealistic.

I ended up soliciting help from a consignment lot and it cost me $900 to have them sell it for me. I don't know if any of you have sold a car this way but a consignment dealer can offer a lot of advantages.

First of all they have a commercial lot in a highly visible high traffic area. Something that I don't have with the car sitting in my yard in my subdivision. They have dealer plates and can offer test drives. An individual has a difficult time keeping an unused car highway legal. The lot could offer prospective buyers assistance in purchasing the car. They can take trade-ins, I can't. They can offer financing, I can't. They are professional salesmen that deal with customers as part of their job, I don't. They get paid to sell the car.

The guys that sold the car took a 1994 Corvette in trade. Even though the guy that bought it didn't have a perfect credit history they were able to arrange financing for him. I'm sure they made something on the financing deal and with any luck they will make another $1000 when they sell the '94.

We sold the car at a reasonable price, the guy that bought it got a really nice C5 Corvette and the lot made a profit and can stay in business another day, so everybody wins. .
LEJ ZO6 is offline   Reply With Quote